Soaked

Reid's world was shifted after the night of the dance. She had lived on land now for a number of years and yet she knew nothing of this supernatural world. Of course, she would be so naive to think that the magic and terror only existed under the ocean and along the sea floor, but to completely dismiss the other half of the planet she lived in; she was ashamed of herself.

She had always let herself believe she was smart, independent and cunning. Yes, she was still smart and independent from her species, but she had gained new traits that night that she really wasn't proud of. How could she have been so blind?

However, she couldn't let herself be brought down by her discoveries. She had to hold her head high and watch her back even more now. She knew nothing of these creatures and they knew nothing of her. She planned to keep her ocean identity hidden still, and pretend to be as they are. At least then she wouldn't seem like that big of a threat and vice versa.

Rebekah had startled her when she stepped out of the gym. Vampires drank blood, of humans that is. But could they drink the blood of a siren? Could they possibly kill her? Did they even know her kind existed? Not likely. 

Maybe they were just as naive as she was, thinking that the sea only held clown fish and guppies. Maybe the only thing they knew bad about the ocean were the sharks, and the sharks were puppies compared to other things, like the things that were after her.

Reid had refused to get into the vehicle with Xavier last night to go home. Even with Rebekah on her side. She would have sooner walked home then be that close to him in an enclosed space.

Rebekah drove her home, dropped her off, and said she would be over around noon today to 'talk' to her'. Reid dreaded this said talk and wished she could just forget about it. Part of her wondered if she would be more at ease if she had stayed in the gym and not followed Xavier out into the hall. But the other half knew she was safer know, safer knowing that now she knew what she was up against. Well sort of.

Rolling out of bed and throwing her feet over the side of her queen sized mattress she rubbed her eyes. Makeup was smudged on her face and her hair stuck out in mats of red. She groaned and wished she could just crawl back into the fluffy sheets and sleep for the rest of her days.

She stood and shuffled her feet along the hardwood floor and into the bathroom. Instantly she regretted looking in the mirror unsure of how terrible and how good she looked at the same time. It was nearly impossible for a sirens beauty to diminish. It was a survival trait. A sirens beauty was the deciding factor on whether or not she would get to eat, get to survive another day. Paired with the voice of an angle she could lure ships and sailors to their demise. Those times, however, were over. Reid had closed that chapter of her life a long time ago. More like slammed it shut.

With the urge to get the gunk off of her skin and to feel rejuvenated again she made her way out to the dock but before she went for a swim she started the coffee pot so it would be ready when she came back in. She made sure to leave a towel and robe on the dock and jumped into the water.

She felt her legs tingle and snap and break into her tail. The feeling was relaxing and she smiled as scales protruded from her skin.

Back and forth she swayed her tail relishing in the feeling. She felt the makeup wash off her face and her hair untangle its self in the water. Doing a barrel roll she faced the sky from under the water and she watched as the morning light glittered along the surface. This was her favorite time of day.

Breaching the surfaced, some time later, she heaved her body up onto the dock. Her tail was fluid and easy to maneuver in the water, but out it was just a heavy sack of uselessness. She dried her hair and body. Then wiggled her way onto the warm boards of the dock to dry naturally. She threw her robe around herself and waited for her body to change back from cartilage to bone.