Chapter Twenty Two

Cancer waited anxiously for class to end so she could talk to Taurus. Whenever a new article came around, Cancer always felt awful, even if it wasn't directed towards her.

She wanted to make sure that Taurus was alright after it all, she knew how hard it could be having something so personal be shared with the entire school. It was a nightmare, really.

Cancer let out a quiet sigh in relief when she heard the bell ring, signaling for the students to head off to their next class. However, Cancer made sure she stayed behind a little longer just so she had some time to talk to Taurus.

Before Taurus could even leave the classroom, she was stopped by Cancer.

"Can we talk?" Cancer asked her, biting at her lip slightly as she asked.

Taurus grabbed her bag and sighed quietly, knowing that a talk with Cancer would mean that she would be late to her next class. And she already knew what she was going to talk to her about. That damned article that always drove peoples anxiety crazy.

Taurus looked back over at Cancer and hesitantly nodded her head, setting her bag back down while leaning against the wall, watching as the other students filed out of the classroom.

"Yeah, sure, got a few minutes." Taurus smiled over at her friend who clearly seemed to be nervous about something.

"Are you doing okay?" Cancer asked her quietly, biting at her lip slightly as she looked at Taurus. 

Taurus was one of her closest friends, her best friend even, she cared for her. She hated that Taurus had to go through all of this as well. It just wasn't fair for anybody. She was worried for her, she just wanted to make sure that she was doing alright so she could clear her mind before her next class of the day.

Taurus gave Cancer a reassuring smile before nodding her head, "I'm completely fine, Cancer. You don't need to worry." She sighed quietly before grabbing her bag once more.

"Really?" Cancer rose an eyebrow, a bit surprised by her answer, "You're not upset or anything about what happened?"

"Of course not," Taurus shook her head while keeping her eyes over on Cancer, "It's just a high school article, no one's going to even remember it in five years time right?"

Cancer thought for a moment before nodding, "Well yeah, I suppose so but-"

"So then it's nothing for me to worry about, right? Can't do much to change it anyways, what's done is done." Taurus sighed and shook her head, holding her bag close to her.

To her, the whole article was just some silly high school drama. There was no need for her to worry about it. This was just something that would pass on and slip away from everyones memories by the time they graduated and had a life of their own. The article was just unnecessary stress to Taurus.

"Are you sure?" Cancer asked, frowning a little as she looked over at her friend, "Because if you want we can always stop for ice cream after school if that would make you feel better." Cancer suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

Taurus laughed softly before slowly shaking her head, placing a reassuring hand on Cancer's shoulder "I think I'll be alright. But that's sweet of you," She smiled, "Now come on, I don't want to be late for our next class." 

She began to walk out of the classroom, opening the door back up before she was stopped by Cancer.

"Wait!"

"What?" Taurus asked quietly, confused as she faced Cancer once again.

"I wanted to talk to you.. about Scorpio" Cancer whispered quietly, almost nervously as she kept her eyes over on Taurus.