Chapter Twenty Five

Cancer smiled a little to herself as she picked up the baby girl in her arms, looking down at her dark brown eyes that were so full on wonder and curiosity. She looked so much like her father. Cancer thought it was sweet how Scorpio had taken her in to care for her. Although he sure didn't think it himself, he was a pretty terrific father.

While Cancer was having a great time looking over the baby, Scorpio was just the opposite.

He was pacing around his living room as Cancer watched him with a frown on her lips. He was clearly stressed out. That's why she was there to help him with his daughter. She thought that he would appreciate the help.

But even with Cancer there, Scorpio still seemed more stressed than ever.

She could only imagine how he was feeling and she felt absolutely terrible. The whole school knew about him and his daughter. It was his worst nightmare come true. 

He had been trying so hard to keep it a secret from everyone but somehow, it still got out to the whole school. He didn't even know who he could trust anymore. There was clearly somebody who was going behind his back and betraying him.

"How're you feeling?" Cancer asked, her voice quiet as she gently bounced the baby girl in her arms.

"How do you think I'm feeling?" Scorpio glared over at her.

Cancer sighed and nodded slowly, "Right, stupid question. Sorry." She muttered and gently placed his daughter back into her crib with one of her stuffed animals.

She walked over to Scorpio, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. She absolutely hated seeing him this way. She's never seen his this upset before. Usually Scorpio would just push his feelings off to the side, put up a wall and hide the way he was feeling from everyone. But now, he was as clear as a picture. She could read him like a book.

Scorpio shook his head and had the urge to brush her hand off of his shoulder, but he kept it there. He found himself to quite enjoy the small touch of affection. It made him feel at least a little bit comforted in his times of stress.

"I just can't believe it." He uttered out with a shake of his head. He stared down at the ground, refusing to look over at Cancer.

Cancer nodded slowly, "It's hard to believe, I know."

"You don't understand!" Scorpio quickly shook his head, looking back over to her, "You don't know how hard this is for me! Ever since she was born I've been trying so hard to keep it a secret and now everyone knows the truth because of some damn article?! If I wanted people to know the truth than I would have told myself! That whole fucking thing ruined everything!" Scorpio yelled in frustration, the tears starting to well up in his eyes. 

Just seeing him like this made Cancer's heart break. He looked miserable. And she wanted to do nothing more than to just cheer him up, to take all of his pain away. But she knew that she couldn't and that's what hurt the most.

"Oh Scorpio.." Cancer whispered quietly and shook her head as she walked up to him, gently wrapped her arms around him.

Scorpio sniffled and held onto her tightly, hiding his face in the crook of her neck as he sobbed, his chest heaving up and down as the tears started falling.

Cancer frowned upon hearing his cries and rubbed his back soothingly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, tightening the hug as she held him, knowing that he desperately needed some comfort at this moment.

Scorpio squeezed his eyes shut as he sobbed, breathing heavily. He felt embarrassed for crying like this, especially in front of Cancer. He felt like such an unbearable mess. He was surprised that Cancer was even still here with him, that she didn't run off. But instead, she stayed and comforted him. And he liked that. A lot. He really needed her right then.