Chapter Two

"Maybe you should be more like your brother" Gemini's mother suggested as she set up the table for dinner.

The usual groan came from Gemini as the words came out of his mothers mouth. Every time his brother, George, is mentioned in the house, he hears the same exact thing. Maybe you should be more like your brother.

George had already gone into law school a year prior and was already doing great. Even when he was in high school he was the perfect child. He got straight A's, was a star athlete on his schools lacrosse team, and even had time to spend with his friends. It was clear to Gemini that he was the favorite child of the family.

Gemini only stayed quiet to his mothers comment, knowing that whatever he would say wouldn't make the situation any better, it would only get him pissed off if anything. 

Fortunately to Gemini, the school year had just started which meant he wouldn't need to see George until Christmas break. However, he still had to hear his parents go on and on about how wonderful he was and how they wished he could be more like him. 

As he ate his dinner, Gemini listened to his parents talk about George starting up his second year at school. Gemini kept his mouth shut, only able to eat a few bites of his food as he overheard their conversation.

Not even a few minutes in, Gemini got up from his seat and shook his head "I'll be upstairs" He mumbled and headed up to his room, not looking back to see his parents reaction. He heard his parents calling him from behind but he ignored all their attempts to get him back at the table. 

The blonde slammed his door behind him, not able to take the comments about his brother. He was absolutely sick of being compared to George. 

He took a seat down on the edge of the bed, running a hand through his hair. He let out a heavy sigh before laying down on his bed. He stayed still like that for a moment, just thinking to himself. 

Not even a minute later, he pulled out his phone to call Aquarius. He couldn't keep his thoughts to himself, not when he was upset like this.  

"Hello?" Answered Aquarius, his voice drifted a bit as if he was paying attention to something else while on the call.

"Oh god Aqua, I can't be happier that you actually answered" Gemini sighed and closed his eyes, just thankful to talk to someone who can help keep his mind off of things. 

"Yeah alright don't cream your pants" Aquarius chuckled before letting out a quiet sigh "What's the matter this time?"

"My brother" Gemini rolled his eyes as he stared up at his bedroom ceiling "He's not even close to home but he's still all my parents manage to talk about" He bit his lip, feeling himself grow angrier and pissed the more he talked about it.

"Maybe they're just excited for him?" Aquarius said with a small shrug "I mean, how am I supposed to know?" He laughed a little.

"Gee, you always know how to make me feel better don't you" Gemini sighed, not feeling any better in the slightest. 

He could hear Aquarius sigh from the other line "Look i'm really sorry Gem, if you ever need a break from them I guess you can crash here for a couple of days. Get away from the damn brother of yours" he suggested, laughing a little as he did so.

Gemini found himself laughing a little with him. He couldn't help it, his friends laugh was contagious "Thanks but I'll just stick around here. Give my parents the silent treatment or something" He chuckled before sitting back up on his bed.

"Sounds like a plan to me"

"Great, so I'll see you at school tomorrow?" Gemini asked as he started walking around his room, a little habit he picked up whenever he would talk to someone over the phone.