Chapter Twenty Three

"I couldn't do it!" Aquarius groaned as he rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair for he was clearly stressed.

Scorpio rose an eyebrow as he looked at his friend, trying his best to not get amused by his reaction. He tried to be serious, but Aquarius could get so dramatic at times that it was hard not to laugh sometimes.

"Once I finally got the courage to ask her, Cancer comes running up to us about that goddamn article that people can't seem to stop talking about!" Aquarius huffed as he vented. He crossed his arms and leaned back against the wall as he watched people exit the school building for the last bell had already rung.

Scorpio opened his mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted by Aqua yet again.

"I just want to ask her out! Is that too much to ask?" Aquarius leaned his head back against the wall, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath.

"Calm down will ya?" Scorpio laughed quietly as he looked at Aquarius "It just wasn't good timing. You'll ask her out as soon as you see her next. Simple as that." He shrugged his shoulders as he glanced at Aqua.

"It's not that easy." Aquarius mumbled and shook his head, looking at Scorpio as if he was insane.

Scorpio rose an eyebrow when he saw Taurus leaving her class before looking over at Aquarius, "Oh really?" He spoke with a smirk.

Aquarius knew that smirk. He knew it all too well. Scorpio had something planned. And he could already tell that he wasn't going to like this plan of his. 

Scorpio nodded his head towards Taurus and looked at Aqua with the smirk still plastered on his face.

Slowly, Aquarius turned to see Taurus walk out of the class with her books held close to her chest. Aquarius quickly shook his head, looking back at Scorpio, "Not now." he mumbled nervously.

Scorpio rolled his eyes and shoved his shoulder, "Go on now, it's now or never." He shrugged and smiled as he crossed his arms.

Aquarius looked over at Scorpio, then back at Taurus, then back at Scorpio as he debated with himself. Was he really going to do this? God, he felt like he was going insane.

He took a deep breath and nodded as he made his way back over to Taurus.

It's now or never

He repeated in his head as he walked his way over to Taurus.

"Hey Taurus!" Aquarius called out with a smile as she looked back over to him, giving him a small smile in return.

"What's up?" Taurus smiled at him, slowing down a bit so she could talk to him.

Aquarius ruffled his hair up and cleared his throat as he looked at Taurus, looking into her eyes, "There's something I've been meaning to ask you for a long time." He laughed quietly.

"And what's that?"

Aquarius took a deep breath and glanced at Scorpio who nodded at him. He looked back at Taurus and tried to build up the courage to do this.

"Will you go out with me?" Aquarius asked quickly, instantly fearing rejection.

Taurus smirked as she nodded, kissing his cheek gently "I thought you would never ask."

--

Libra stood by the fences out by the track field, trying to get some fresh air to clear her mind. Ever since Aries told her that he loved her, it was all that she could think about. All she could worry about. 

She didn't say it back to him that night. She didn't know how. She didn't even know if she loved him back. She felt incredibly guilty. But she couldn't lie to him, right? At least, she couldn't lie to him anymore than she already was.