Chapter Twelve

Taurus flipped through multiple dresses, trying to find the perfect one. There were long ones, short ones, ones blue and others silver. None of them caught her eye. Cancer on the other hand seemed to be having the opposite problem. There were too many for her to choose from. She didn't know which one to go with.

That's why she had Taurus come along  with her. She wanted to make sure she made the right decision when it came to picking out a homecoming dress. She wanted to find the perfect one. Especially if she knew that he was going to be seeing her in it. 

"Find one yet?" Cancer called out, making sure to keep her voice down as she peeked over the clothing rack to look over at Taurus.

Taurus, who was still scanning through her options, shook her head, "No not yet," She responded with a small sigh, "Still looking." She bit her lip and placed a black dress she had been looking at back. Nothing seemed pleasing to her. And she could tell it was going to take a while before she finally found one she actually liked.

Cancer nodded a bit and smiled as she picked out a navy blue dress, excitedly walking over to Taurus, "What do you think about this one?" 

Taurus looked back over at Cancer and the dress she held before she shook her head once more, "I might just look online for one." She shrugged her shoulders with a sigh escaping her lips, giving up on trying to find one in the shops. After all, she felt as if she's been in that store for hours. She was getting sick of it. And she just wanted to go home. Shopping never really was her thing.

Taurus wasn't even sure if she wanted to go to the homecoming dance in the first place. It was never really her type of thing. Sure, she loved being around her friends more than anything. But she still had her worries about a certain someone. Aquarius.

Ever since they shared that small kiss, he couldn't stop asking about it. And she understood where he was coming from. He wanted closure. But Taurus didn't want to talk about it. She just wanted to leave it at that. She wanted to pretend that it never even happened in the first place. 

She almost felt guilty for kissing him. Like she had done something wrong. After she had just broken up with Aries, she knew that kissing Aquarius wasn't the best idea. She didn't want to lead him on or give him the wrong idea.

But she did it anyways. And she didn't know why. For a distraction? For comfort? She didn't know. And she didn't want to dig any further into the subject. She didn't want to overthink.

Cancer sighed quietly and put the dress back onto the rack. She knew that Taurus wasn't the biggest fan of shopping, but she loved it. And she loved spending time with a good friend of hers. Plus, she wanted to get the perfect dress as soon as possible. She didn't want to waste any time.

"Well help me look for one then." Cancer spoke with a smile, for she still hadn't made up her mind on which dress she wanted to wear to the dance. 

Taurus laughed quietly in response and crossed her arms, "I don't even know what to look for." She chuckled and skimmed through a couple more dresses, this time for Cancer. Not as much as a big decision on her behalf which made it easier on Taurus.

"Something cute," Cancer smiled softly, walking over to Taurus to help her look, "Preferably red." She laughed quietly, going through the multiple dresses before letting out a sigh, not getting any luck with finding anything good either.

"I'll keep my eye out." Taurus gave her a small nod along with a smile as she continued on looking. 

She always enjoyed spending time with Cancer, but being dragged along to pick out a homecoming dress wasn't exactly ideal. Not her first idea when it was up to her on where to go. And as much as she despised shopping for clothes, she still agreed to go. She would be able to spend time with Cancer, and she would be able to get avoid Aquarius for at least a good couple of hours.