Chapter Fifteen

The lights were dimmed as loud, yet gentle, music played through the speakers for everyone in the gym to hear. After weeks of excitement and anxiety, the homecoming dance was finally in action.

Aries had a wide grin on his face as he held onto Libra, gently holding onto her waist while swaying back and forth with her on the dance floor. 

He hummed quietly to the music while he slow danced with Libra in his arms. He wasn't the best dancer of all time, but it was something that he was embarrassed to admit that he practiced just for that moment. He didn't want to mess up in front of Libra. That would absolutely crush him, to make a fool of himself and have her laugh at him.

But Libra was having a great time. She found it amusing when Aries would mess up slightly and trip over his feet while they were dancing. She thought it was pretty cute. Something that made her giggle.

She couldn't wipe the smile off of her face as she danced with him. She wasn't expecting herself to have as much fun as she was having. But she loved it. She had just wished that she went out with Aries earlier, before everything with Pisces went down. 

The couple stayed close to one another as they swayed, just enjoying each others company. Libra rested her head on Aries' shoulder, letting out a happy sigh as she did so.

"I'm having a great time." She whispered, her body close to his as she slowly moved her feet to the music.

Aries looked down at her and smiled before nodding his head in agreement, "I'm having a pretty good time myself, actually." he chuckled, causing Libra to laugh along with him. His laugh was always something that seemed to bring her joy. 

"Well I would hope so." Libra replied teasingly as she rose an eyebrow before another giggle escaped her lips. 

Aries laughed and shook his head, tucking a piece of Libras long hair behind her ear, being gentle with his touch.

"You look beautiful." Aries whispered, looking down at her dress. He thought that it looked absolutely stunning on her.

Libra was a bit confused from the sudden change in tone, but she couldn't help but blush, "And may I say, you look very handsome." She teased, messing with the collar of his tux before she felt Aries pull her in even closer to him, causing her to blush like mad. 

"I'm glad you came with me tonight." Aries kept his voice in a whisper before placing a soft kiss to Libras cheek, causing her blush to darken even more, if possible. 

"Me too." Libra whispered, finding it impossible for her voice to get any louder than that. She kissed the corner of his mouth, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. In that moment, it felt as if the two of them were the only ones in the room. The music felt muted, the whole room was quiet. In that time, it was only him and her.

Aries felt his heart flutter at the small kiss he received. He couldn't even remember the last time he felt this way in front of a girl. And he never expected it to be Libra. Before he could even think twice, he pulled her in, his lips connecting with hers.

And she didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

--

Taurus was one of the last students to arrive to the dance. While she was going to go with a group of her friends, she wasn't too sure about it the more she thought. There was a time where she even thought about staying home for the rest of the night and catch up on some class work. But she decided to come last minute.

She sighed quietly and brushed her dress off, heading over to gran some punch. She didn't even know where to go, where to start. She felt incredibly awkward. She saw a couple of her friends, but all of them looked busy. And she didn't want to interuppt anything, didn't want to make anything more awkward than they had to be.