Chapter Sixteen

"I can't fucking believe you!" Leo shouted as they all exited the school building. His eyes were directly on Virgo, his eyes shooting daggers.

He still couldn't properly process what had gone down in the gym. Had Virgo really called him out like that? All of which was a lie. He knew that he hadn't written a single word of that article and he had hoped that Virgo was on side. But it turns out she was suspicious of him this whole time. 

He couldn't believe it. He was still in shock. He couldn't even remember the last time he felt this infuriated.

"But you were the only one who knew my secret. No one else did," Virgo argued. Leo was the only one who could have possibly known about what Virgo was doing, "it had to be you."

Leo scoffed. He couldn't help but laugh at this, "You really think I would go behind your back like that?"

Virgo gritted her teeth and let out a heavy sigh. She crossed her arms across her chest, glaring over at Leo, "Who knows who's telling the truth at this point? Any of you could be lying to me." She looked around at everyone before turning her attention back to Leo.

"I'm telling you it wasn't me who wrote it! And you just told the whole damn school about it. I'm sure they all hate me now thanks to you and your fucking lies!" He groaned, his voice gradually getting louder as he spoke.

"But who else could it be if not you?" Virgo kept on going as the rest of her friends watched the argument unfold.

"I don't know but I sure as hell know that it isn't me. For all we know it could be you trying to put the blame on me."

Virgo furrowed her eyebrows, keeping her arms crossed, "Oh really? Like I would just write that about myself. Sure, I exposed myself to the whole school. A smart decision on my part, really." She spoke sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

Leo glared over at her, crossing his own arms now. He tapped his foot, feeling himself getting more and more headed by the second. 

Before he could rebuttal, he was interrupted by Gemini clearing his throat.

"Sorry," he replied sheepishly before stepping up to the two of them, "Look, it's not Leo. And it's not Virgo. Hell, I'm sure it's none of us. Now just sort it out. Please," he looked over at Leo then at Virgo, "I'll see you guys tomorrow." He sighed, heading off hand in hand with Sagittarius.

Reluctantly, everyone but Leo, Virgo, and Capricorn followed them off, all of them heading back home.

Capricorn looked between the two of them and sighed, running a hand through her hair. She felt awkward, not wanting to be in the middle of it all, "I'm going to the restroom, I'll be right back." She spoke quietly, walking past them to head back into the school building.

Virgo watched as she walked out before looking back over at Leo, still unpleased.

Leo turned his eyes away from Capricorn before looking back over at Virgo, "You're unbelievable you know that?" he rolled his eyes and looked up, trying to avoid any more eye contact with Virgo. If anything, he just wanted Cap to hurry up so he could take her home and go home himself.

Virgo rolled her eyes as well and sighed, "You saw me that day, Leo. No one else should have known."

"Virgo listen to me. I didn't tell a fucking soul." Leo looked back over at her, just wanting to get the argument over with. 

Virgo held onto herself tightly, feeling chilly from the cold weather. She rubbed her arms and sighed, trying to warm herself up.

The more she thought about it, she wasn't too sure if it was Leo after all. But she didn't know who else it could possibly be. No one else caught her in her act. Only Leo. She wanted to believe his word, she really did.