The Devils Hour (5)

I felt terrible, I hardly sleep last night. I began to change into my day-to-day garments. I made my way out of my room and traveled next door to Rantaro's room. I reached out to ring the doorbell but stopped. I felt kinda lightheaded and nervous. I dismissed it and rang the doorbell. No answer. I rang it again. Still no answer. Well, it is before the morning announcements maybe he isn't awake. I waited on the stairs watching as some of my classmates left their living spaces and headed out. I yawned and went back to my room to lay down. I'll wait until nighttime has fully ended. "Don't do it, don't go" echoed in my head constantly. My stomach started to ache. I normally consider my gut feelings but, I wanted out of this hell I have to get out of my comfort zone to leave. "no no no no no no no no" I slowly muttered to myself. 

              Ding dong bing bong

              I was in the state of being half-asleep and half-awake. I got up fixing my knotted bed head. I proceed to walk to Rantaro's room again to see if he was awake. Still no answer. I began to get annoyed. Guess I'll wait. My stomach protested. I rolled my eyes and walked toward the cafeteria. As I got there everyone was silent. A sinister laughter echoed through the spacious room. "Pufufufufufu, " we all stood there silent and looked over. "Remember how I said if a killing doesn't happen in 5 days then everyone will get punished." he proceeded. "Guess what today is."  "No matter what you say we're not going to start killing each other, " Kaito argued as everyone agreed. "Oh, is that so." Monokuma cackled. "We'll just see. If y'all don't start killing then you all will executed." spitted one of the other bears as they disappeared. My stomach continued to ache. I scanned around the room, everyone was there except Rantaro. I walked up to Kaede but noticed how unsettled she looked. Maybe I should just leave her alone. I exited the cafeteria trying to break free from the despair-filled atmosphere. 

            My footsteps echoed though out the whole building. I began to pick at my fingers as I walked, not knowing where I was going or why. My head was spinning. I saw a tall slender silhouette strolling the halls. I tensed up as I stopped in my tracks. They noticed me and walked forward. I slowly backed up. "Oh there you are, I was looking everywhere for you, " he spoke."Yeah, there's  a time limit for a killing to happen or we all get executed, " I said without moving. They got closer and as I thought from the voice it was Rantaro. "I was waiting for you in the cafe but didn't see you, " he explained scratching the back of his head. "So I left." He looked stressed. "Did something happen?" I asked. He paused for a second and then responded with an unconvincing no. I shrugged it off and walk down the hall with him. "We'll go to the library in a little bit but we'll have to wait," he spoke. "They'll think I'm suspicious and I can't take the chance of the wrong person finding us and thinking that we're the mastermind and or the traitor." I nodded. "Then how will we sneak down there, " I asked. He shrugged and said, "I was kinda hoping you would have an idea." I rested my chin on my thumb thinking. I shook my head. "I see no ideas." he signed, "We'll figure something out." We left the school and walked into the courtyard discussing ideas. We sat on a bench in front of a monument of Monokuma. Something was still bothering me about our plan. "Hey, Rantaro," I questioned. "What do we do when we find the room, it's most likely going to have a lock or code on it so we can't just go in, so what then how can we find the mastermind with only 6 hours left!"  My body tensed up as I felt liquid build up in my eyes. He grabbed my shoulder a pulled my body toward his and rested his head on mine. "I don't know, but all we can do for now is hope," he spoke softly and calmly. His relaxed attitude was contagious. I felt more secure and comfortable.  

            A few hours passed and we both agreed on a plan. We would both go down there together. I was nervous and even though he didn't look like it I could tell he was too. As we walked down the hall, I heard a cluster of voices. I picked up the speed as Rantaro followed. At the end of the hall, it was Gonta, Maki, Kaito, Angie, Himiko, and Tenko. "Oh hi, " Gonta waved. "What are Rantaro and Y/n doing." "Oh, we were heading downstairs how about you guys, " I spoke. "Same thing wanna join us, " Kaito offered. "Nah we're fine, " Rantaro reassured. We all began talking about random things as we walked down the stairs. We all split up and head Rantaro entered the library. It had a Victorian look to it. The smell of mold and moisture filled the air. It was so strong that I gagged. Ranataro was looking around the bookcases with his monopad in hand as I looked at the different entrances. "See anything." he shouted "No, not yet, " I hollered back. "Here it must be behind the bookcases, " he pointed. He began to reach for the door. DONT DO IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! My fight or flight kicked in and I grabbed his hand. "What are you doing?!" he questioned. "N-not today not now, " I shouted. My gut felt like it was going to explode inside me. It cause fear. "What do you mean?" he said with an irritated tone. "I have a bad feeling about this lets just go and try a diff-" I tried to finish. "Why I thought you wanted to leave, do you want everyone here including yourself to die!" he asked. "NO! But this isn't right, " I shuddered despitely. "Please let's just leave." He just stood there staring at me. My sweaty hand trembled over his. "Please, " I whispered. "Ok, we can go, " he mumbled. "If the Ultimate Intuition doesn't feel good about this maybe we shouldn't, " He gave me a weak smile. I smiled back. We left the library and had this feeling of relief. "Sorry to make you do something you weren't comfortable doing, " he reformed. "No, it's not your fault it's just maybe let's try a different time." He rubbed the top of my hand with his thumb. My stomach broke the silence. He chuckled "Are you hungry?" "I didn't eat yet today so yeah kinda, " I said embarrassed. He led me up the stairs and we headed to the cafeteria. 

             As we walked down the hall we passed Tsumugi going into the bathroom. We soon approached and entered the diner. There was just a few people there Miu, Korekiyo, and Kirumi. "Greetings, " said Korekiyo.  "Hey, " I responded getting some food. I sat next to Miu and began to eat. "Quit munching so loud I'm trying to invent something here!" She asserted. I gave her a dirty look and continued eating. I glanced over to Rantaro who was talking to Korekiyo and Kirumi. When I had my fill I took care of the leftovers and the tray and sat back down. I leaned down and rested my head on the table. I watched Miu as she was making something. It looked kinda like a drone. I watched as she rearranged wires and cables. "What the fuck are you staring at!" Miu snarled. "Just watching you work geez." I turned my head away from her laying on my arms. "Hey! Get your flesh planets off my tools." She scolded. I sat up and realized I was laying on a Philips screwdriver. She aggressively grabbed it. "Stupid bitch." she mumbled. "Keep your shit out of my space then," I growled. "EK!" she cried out returned to her project. I sighed I laid my head down on the desk again until I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I slowly lifted my head to see Miu staring at me. "What." I groaned. "I n-need an extra h-hand with this. I-i'm asking you because your closest, so can you help make." she shuddered. I rolled my eyes and did as she said. She reached for her head a rubbed her temples. "That damn music is so fucking disturbing, " Miu shouted. "It appears this will be the last melody we hear before death, " Korekiyo spoke. "It is troublesome, " Kirumi implied. "Yeah, " Rantaro agreed. I nodded my head. Miu began flying the drone I helped her build. I checked the monitors hanging from the ceiling. "We're on our last hour, " mumbled to myself. Then all of a sudden we heard a announcement. 

                      Ding dong bing bong. A body has been discovered. After a certain amount of time, which you may use any way you like, a class trail will begin!

         My body reacted without me even thinking I ran out of the cafeteria followed by everyone who was in cafeteria including Tsumugi. I just knew it was in the library as I got down there I saw people surrounding a corner next to the secret passage. I walked over there to be face to face with a corpse. The corpse of Angie Yonaga.