Close But Not Close Enough (14)

After my encounter with Miu and Kiibo, I went to the cafeteria area monokuma blocked my path. "Before you go in their, DON'T TOUCH ANY OF MY DAMN CHAIRS!" he yelled. "I put them up so the floors can get a good cleaning so don't. Touch. Anything." I rolled my eyes and went in anyways. As I walked in there I saw Shuichi and Kaito happily chatting to each other. "Oh y/n! How do you do?" Kaito exclaimed. "I'm fine," I said looking around the room. "Looking for something?" Shuichi questioned walking over to me. "Yeah um can I see your guy's monopads for a second?" the two boys looked at each other confused. Then they turned around and huddled together, whispering. I shook my head. After what felt like hours Kaito dramatically whipped around to face me. "What are you going to do with them?" It took them that long to ask a simple question?! "Just going to look at it, " I answered. "You wouldn't mind if we watched, do you?" the average height, dark raven blue hair male asked. "Just look through it, it could point out who the traitor is, " I lied. Both of them quickly pulled out their monopads and gave them to me. I sat down at one of the chairs and began to look through Shuichi's first. All of our statuses were the same. Even Kaito's. "Ok thanks, " I handed them back to their owners. "Would you like some help?" Shuichi offered Kaito looking at me as if he was a dog about to go for a walk. I hesitated, not wanting to let them down. "No I'm going to do this myself, " I said. "Why? What is it with you and not wanting to be near anyone?" Kaito whined. "Did you find something that made you suspicious of us?" Shuichi questioned. "What. No, " I clarified. "Well, wouldn't you need help looking through everyone's monopad? OH while we're at it, interrogating monokuma?" Kaito went on. "NO, " I exclaimed. The room went silent for a second. "I don't need your guys to help I've already got what I needed from you two, " I turned around and began for the exit until I bumped into a green-haired boy.  "Hey Rantaro, " Kaito said. Rantaro redirected his gaze to the tall astronaut. "Can we check your monopad?" my heart sunk to my ass as I interrupted. "His was the first I checked. So there's no need." I said. It wasn't a lie. I did check his first. From when the killing game first started. Before Angie died. Kaito looked over at me and smiled wide. "Well guess he's cleared. Come with me sidekick, we have other people to talk to." Shuichi closely followed Kaito as they both left the Cafe. "I- sidekick!?!?" I blurted. Rantaro chuckled. "What was that all about, " I didn't want to tell him at first, but I know I can trust him. "I've got an idea of how we can leave this hell hole." 

            "So Kiibo's going to fly us out of here?" Rantaro questioned. I nodded. "And you haven't told anyone but Miu, Kiibo himself, and me?" I nodded once again. He went silent for a while before I tried to strike another conversation. "So..." I said slowly. "What" he chuckled. "I was just wondering..." I went on. "Have you found out why yours is different?" he shook his head. We continued to roam around our limited area. There's wasn't anything to do. Kaito and Shuichi kinda took over. It was just me, and Rantaro, alone. Until a small man come up from behind me and tapped my shoulder blade since I was much taller than him. "What's wrong? You a lost kid or something, " I chuckled. "No but you lost something." I turned my head to look at his chilling smirk. "What do you mean?" "I mean what I said, " he handed me my monopad. "You left it when you were going through dumb and dumber's shit." I shoved it in my pocket and watched the Kokichi walk away without another word. It was kinda weird how he just walked away but it didn't matter I was heading to Miu's anyway. Rantaro was a few yards ahead of me. I quickly jogged up to him and walked next go him fast, trying to keep the same pace as him. "Maybe she's done already." Rantaro finally spoke. "Yeah maybe." I said as I banged on her door on her lab." "WHAT I'M BUSY BLOW NUT." I walked din anyways to see a messy laboratory and Kiibo strapped to a table. The room looked sci-fi, kinda like an alien ship from some cheesy movie. "I'm almost done y/n-ick" she spotted "give me to the end of the night and he'll be brand fucking new." I nodded and looked over at Rantaro who was just as fascinated with Miu's lab as I was. "Well don't just stand there, fucking MOVE YOU'RE IN MY WAY" we quickly walked out waving to Miu and Kiibo. I sighed and rubbed my temples. "Headache?" Rantaro asked. "Yeah..." he put one of his arms around my shoulders and began to walk in the direction of the dorms. My face was a little heated wrapped my arm around his waist. 

           As soon as we got to my room. I unlocked it and invited him in. "It looks nice," he said sitting down. "It's a replica of your room." I snorted. He scratched the back of his head and chuckled. I sat next to him and leaned on his shoulder. We stayed like that in silence letting only the AC and creaks fill the room. He looked down at me. "You think we'll survive?" I pull my head away and look him in the eye. His eyes were very pretty. The green in his eyes reminded me of a calm forest. I coup.d get lost in them for years. Strands of hair were moving whenever he would bat his eyes. I placed my hand slowly on his cheek. "I don't know. But all we can do is try to abandon this killing game. " he leaned his forehead on mine. A smile spread across his face as he got closer. My body just pulled me in. And as our lips were three inches apart. There it was. The sound that troubled all of us. A body discovery announcement. 

    Authors note: Hi, sorry I haven't been posting recently, I lot has been going on and I've lost a lot of motivation but ill try to write as soon as I can. Thank you all btw for reading this far along it really means a lot. Ok I'm done BYE🤍🖤❤️