Some Stones are Better Unturned (7)

We all waited uneasily. "Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial, " Monokuma announced. "Find the blackened and they only get punished but if you guess the dreadfully wrong answer then, I'll punish everyone besides the blackened." "Now let the class trial begin!" I looked to my side to see Rantaro glaring around the room. Well, I can't blame him. "The victim was Angie Yonga and appears to have died from blunt-force trauma, " Shuichi started. Maki agreed with him. "So then should we start with alibis?" Kaede asked. We all began to explain ourselves for what we were doing during the time of the murder but, something wasn't sitting right with me. How did Shuichi know there were cameras? Why are him and Kaede acting so strange?  I don't want to suspect them but they're definitely suspicious. I began to overthink and sidetracked, drowning in my own thoughts. I have to get this right because if I don't then I'll be punished, my best guess is that "punishment" means death or like an old fashion style execution. I was snapped out of it by a voice. "Earth to Y/n, hello" Kokichi sang. "Oh sorry" I chuckled. "What's your alibi?" Kaede questioned. "Oh!" "Well, I-" I looked over to Rantaro. He was clenching his pocket. We're his "special" monopad was. He doesn't want them to know about it, Why. "Rantaro and I were walking the halls together and then decided to go to the cafeteria." I lied. There's a reason he wants that to remain a secret. All I can do is trust him. "Do you confirm this Rantaro?" Shuichi asked. "Yeah, I do, " he responded. He gave me a soft smile. "Awwwwwww, how sweet." Kokichi taunted. I just ignored it. "What about you Shuichi, Kaede. What's your alibi?" I asked? "Me and Shuichi we..." there was a pause, a long pause. She looked over to Shuichi.  "Me and Shuichi we're in the classroom waiting for the cameras to go off because there is a secret passage there that we think the mastermind's hiding." Kaede blurted. Well that explained the cameras. "So Angie was the mastermind the whole time, " Kaito said grinding his teeth. "No that's wrong," Kaede interrupted "She didn't posses the key card for the hidden room." "Hey, Shuichi, " Rantaro spoke up. "Why use cameras?" He was silent. "It was to find the mastermind, me and Kaede we're going to try to expose the mastermind with the cameras I asked Miu to make, " Shuichi explained. "That's why you wanted me to make those cameras fuck stick!?" Miu screamed. "You could have told me what you were using them for!" "I see, " Rantaro nodded. "So then lets discuss the cameras then. How do they work?" Korekiyo asked. "I designed them to be motion-activated so if it detected movement it would take a picture."  Miu chimed in. "So it would just spam pictures at the slightest detection of motion?" "Not spam dumbass, I made it so that it automatically began to print the picture, so it would take a break every 30 seconds." Miu explained, "I know I'm a fuckin genius!" "I see, " I whispered. "So there was an interval in every picture?" Shuichi asked. Miu nodded. "So then lets just check the pictures maybe they caught the culprit, " Tsumugi said. I watched as Shuichi pulled the stack of polaroids, shuffling through them looking for a picture. He stopped and looked up at me and Rantaro. He pulled out four different pictures. "Y/n, " Shuichi said showing me the pictures. My stomach dropped. It was of me and Rantaro entering the library. He soon showed it to everyone. I felt nauseous as everyone stared at me waiting for an explanation. "SO IT WAS YOU THEN!" Kaito yelled. "S-sick bastards" Miu added. I tried to talk but everyone would interrupt. I clenched my teeth. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I snapped. "Goddamn listen to what I have to say before you accuse me. It wasn't me nor Rantaro! Yes, we went to the library but what in that picture suggests we did anything." I defended. "But why were you guys there, " Kaede asked. I held my head down in guilt not wanting to break the promise I made with Rantaro. "Well, " I started to mumble " I heard one of the monokubs talking about a secret room in the library, so I told Rantaro and we went to investigate to if it was true, " I lied, holding up the picture of us entering the room. "Oh what irresponsible little cubs I have, " Monokuma blurted. "We don't remember anyone being around when we were talking about it, " said Monophanie. "But what did you do there? You still could have set a trap." Tenko said. "Was there anything there that indicated that we set something up?" I asked. Shuichi pulled up the second and third picture. It was of Rantaro pointing at the bookcase and me walking over to him. The second image was me holding Rantaro's hand leading him out of the library. "So they went in, then just left?" Ryoma raised a question. "Yeah, she said the room didn't sit right with her. So we left." Rantaro said. Shuichi revealed the last picture. It was when me and Rantaro were about to go to the cafeteria, holding hands. "So that's when you made your way to the cafe? " Kaede put forward a question. "Yeah, " I responded. The next picture was of Angie entering the library, which would mean that she was there after us. "It doesn't look like they did anything wrong, more like being in the wrong place at the wrong time," Shuichi whispered. "Uh hey, Rantaro and Y/n. Sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion, " Kaito said rubbing the back of his head. I just nodded.