Chapter 6 - I mean, what could go wrong?

After Jibeom's outburst Bomin tightly hugged him. He didn't know what had happened or who Hwayoung was but seeing his friend like that hurt him. 

"The last time I had seen her was years ago.", Jibeom started while slowly falling down on the floor. Not looking at his friend he stared at the pictures on the wall. There it was. A picture of Hwayoung and him, holding flowers up in the air. They were thirteen at that time. 

"She had a crush on me and confessed.", he continued.

"But that's a good thing, right?", Bomin asked softly not sure how to comfort his friend. 

"It could have been. But I rejected her." 

"Because you didn't love her?" 

"No. That's not it. I thought it would be better for her.", Jibeom explained while wiping away tears. All these years he hadn't stopped thinking about her. He didn't know what she'd look like so he didn't recognize her but now he just felt stupid. The moment she had told him her name Jibeom wanted to tell her the truth. Why he had to do this thinking it would be better for her. But he didn't. 

Bomin on the other hand softly caressed Jibeom's back in comfort waiting for him to continue. 

"I was naive. I thought reaching my dream of becoming an idol was priority.", Jibeom said then and laughed bitter at his own stupid actions. "That's why I pushed her away." 

"You have to talk to her.", Bomin said. 

"And tell her what? That I was a stupid boy who thought making music was worth it breaking a girls heart? She hates me and an explanation wouldn't change a thing."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

"Why? Give me one reason why she shouldn't hate me." 

"She doesn't hate you. Let's be honest, if she'd really hate you, she wouldn't listen to our songs, your voice. Talk to her and you'll see it yourself." 

"I feel so stupid.", Jibeom whispered and wiped away a tear calming himself down. Meanwhile Bomin was already working on a plan to get the two to talk.  

At the same time Hwayoung did what Siyeon had forbidden her. She hid in their room and was laying on her bedside trying not to cry so she wouldn't bother anyone.

When Siyeon entered the kitchen and saw her friend was gone, she knew something must have happened. She put down the cleaning cloth and her eyes fell on Hwayoung's phone. Knowing her best friend would never leave without her precious phone she got worried. 

Siyeon searched for Hwayoung downstairs and as she entered the living room she saw the boys sitting in a circle. Of course they immediately looked at her making her nervous. Usually Hwayoung was the one who made friends easily while Siyeon preferred to be silent. 

"Hi?", she said awkwardly. Of course she was aware they were idols but she didn't care nor did she know a single song of  them. For her they were just normal, a bit loud boys. "Has anyone seen Hwayoung? Small, a ball of fluff and annoying?" 

"Seungmin, your sister!", someone yelled and had to run away from a smaller boy. Barely he escaped a flying pillow. Then he stopped in front of Siyeon and showed her his innocent smile. But Siyeon's gaze was already on a boy who was standing up.  

"I'll help you search for her.", he said making Siyeon raise an eyebrow in suspicion but she didn't say anything. As soon as she closed the door behind her, the boy started talking. "You're her best friend, right?" 

"Yes?", she replied slowly. 

"I'm Jibeom's friend, Bomin.", he explained. "Has Hwayoung told you about him?" 

"If you mean the guy who broke her heart, yes again." 

"Good. I mean not good that he broke her heart, but-" 

"I get what you mean.", Siyeon stopped him from stammering. She quickly realized why he talked to her. "And now we should create a plan to make them friends again?" 

This time Bomin nodded and Siyeon could see the urgency in his eyes. All she wanted was for her friend to be happy but if this Jibeom guy was around, there wasn't much of a chance for her. Unless they'd talk and clear everything. 

"I'm in." 

"Great! Come with me." 

Surprised Siyeon was dragged back into the room by Bomin. Of course the guys looked at her again. As Bomin sat down and wanted to explain the situation Siyeon stopped him and cursed with her eyes. 

"Don't worry. Jibeom went up to our room.", he said. Then he started explaining Jibeom's perspective of the story while the rest of the group listened to him. It surprised Siyeon how silent they were despite having been so loud just minutes before. 

When he ended Siyeon added all the information she knew. It made her feel uneasy telling strangers such a private story about her friend but she knew they all had the same goal. To make their friends happy again. She didn't tell them about Hwayoung's past crush on Jibeom, though. Luckily Bomin didn't mention it either. 

"So all we have to do now is to get them to talk with each other and hope she doesn't kill him?", one guy asked. Now Siyeon regretted not asking more about their group, Golden Child. 

"Why does this sound like a bad plan?", another one said, clearly the oldest among them. 

"It's Jangjun hyungs idea. What did you expect?" 

"My ideas are perfect." 

"Can we please concentrate?", Siyeon pleaded and to her surprise they really stopped bickering now looking at her directly. "He means a lot to her, even if she doesn't admit it." 

"I guess, we have to unpack our acting skills." 

"I'm sorry, did you mean not existing acting skills?" 

After the oldest, who was probably the leader as Siyeon assumed, managed to calm them down again it got silent while everyone tried to think of a good plan. 

"I don't want to seem rude. But-", Siyeon suddenly started and blushed. "I know you are idols, Hwayoung told me. But, honestly, I have no idea what your names are. Could you, uhm-" 

"I'm so sorry!", Bomin exclaimed. "I just assumed you did after you listened to our song." 

"Well, surprise!" 

The boys quickly each introduced themselves and Siyeon tried her best to remember all names. She figured the guy with the red hair, who wasn't here, had to be Jibeom. Then they created a plan which was probably as bad as Siyeon's ex-boyfriend. 

I mean, what could go wrong?