Chapter 21 - Jibeom isn't an idiot anymore

The night went by faster than they had thought and when Hwayoung looked at her phone the next time it already showed 5 am. Of course she was a bit tired but she wanted to spend the last few hours with the boys. 

"Do you remember what we always did on our last day?", Jibeom asked a bit hesitant, not sure if she'd like the idea, but Hwayoung immediately nodded. Without answering his question she jumped up and came back a few moments later. 

In her hands were sparklers. 

"Should we go outside and watch the stars?", she asked into the room and everyone agreed. They took some blankets and sat down on the terrace. Then Hwayoung gave everyone a sparkler and they watched them burn down slowly. 

"A shooting star!", Youngtaek yelled and pointed at the night sky. Soon everyone watched the stars and more and more shooting stars appeared. 

"What did you wish for?", Jibeom asked curious and smiled at Hwayoung. The only light came from the sparklers lighting only half of her face.

"I can't tell you. It wouldn't become true, then."

Hwayoung turned to Jibeom. This time she didn't back away when she noticed how close their faces were. She was about to say something but then the sky got brighter, reminding her of the coming goodbye. Hwayoung tried not to let her sadness show but Jibeom read her like an open book.  

"I guess this is our last sunrise for a long time.", Hwayoung said instead, not building up enough courage to tell him about her feelings and couldn't hide the sad tone in her voice. Once again Jibeom didn't look at the sunrise, even though he loved it as much as Hwayoung did, instead his eyes were fixed on Hwayoung. Softly he intertwined his fingers with hers. 

"Promise me it isn't our last one together." 

A smile grew on Hwayoung's lips, causing Jibeom's heart to jump a beat. "Promise." 

"Did you wish for something?", Jangjun whispered into Siyeon's eyes as he gave her a back hug. Comfortable Siyeon leaned back on his chest and noticed he was taller than she had thought at first. 

"Why should I?", she asked. "I already have everything I wished for." 

At this a smile appeared on Jangjun's face and he softly placed a kiss on Siyeon's hair while rocking back and forth. 

"I'm not sure if I should be jealous or glad I don't have something cheesy like this.", Donghyun whispered at the sight of the two lovebirds. Bomin laughed at that. 

"I'm sure there'll be a time you'll be in their place."

"Maybe. But I hope it takes a bit longer, though." 

"You're just jealous, you don't have someone to kiss.", Jangjun teased and sat down next to them. Siyeon already wanted to sit down next to him but Jangjun smoothly pulled her on his lap and put his arms around her while his head rested on her shoulder. Even though she'd study in Seoul soon, they'd still be apart for a while and Jangjun just wanted to remember everything about her. 

Together the group sat there on the terrace, just watching the sun rise on their last day together. 

"Have a safe trip back to Seoul.", Hwayoung said as she helped the boys get their luggage into the cars. Daeyeol turned to her, clearly holding back a yawn. 

"It probably wasn't the best idea to stay awake the whole night." 

"But you'll text us, okay?" 

"Yes, Mom.", Youngtaek said at Hwayoung's tone making her playfully slap his shoulder. But then she pulled him into a hug as well. 

"I'm going to miss you."