Chapter 23 - The beginning of the end

"This is so beautiful.", Hwayoung exclaimed when she entered the apartment. Proudly Siyeon nodded. It took her almost two days to unpack everything. Mostly because she was procrastinating but let's not talk about that. The apartment still lacked decoration but the furniture was already in its place.

"I worked hard for it.", Siyeon said proud of herself. It was her first time living alone and it had been difficult to convince her parents. Of course her father supported her but her mother didn't want to let her daughter leave to Seoul. 

Now Siyeon was already living in this small apartment for a week and it had been rough. University would start in a few days and she was quite insecure about it. 

Hwayoung on the other hand has been looking for a job. Sadly no one took her and she had to work at a restaurant to actually earn money. It wasn't that she didn't like the work but it was not her dream to serve people all the time. 

"I've been working on something.", she said and pulled out two t-shirts from her bag. For a few days she would stay here. Tomorrow would be Golden Child's first concert and of course they would not miss it. Both missed the boys desperately and they hadn't talked for a while because they were so busy. 

Ms. Kang, Hwayoung's mother, had almost had a heart attack when her daughter told her she met Jibeom and his group. Then she was so happy for the both of them. Hwayoung didn't had the courage to tell her mother they were basically a couple because her mother could get a bit hysterical. Still, her mother wanted her daughter to be happy and when the tickets were on sale, she even managed to get two VIP tickets. 

Of course the girls could have asked the boys for tickets but it would have been unfair for other Goldeness. On top of that they didn't want to use their relationship with them for this. Tomorrow they'd just be two fans who want to see their favourite group. 

"These shirts are amazing.", Siyeon said and took one. Hwayoung didn't want to spend too much money on merch so she decided to design their own. She had worked nights through just to get them done and now the Golden Child logo was in the middle and all boys' names were on it as well. 

"I hope the boys aren't too nervous.", Hwayoung said stretching herself on the couch. The journey was exhausting and the first time Hwayoung travelled by train. 

"I'm sure they're fine. Let's get you some food." 

"I'm starving." 

"I'm so nervous.", Bomin said and fiddled with his strings. It was only a few hours before their concert and he was currently practicing his lines. 

The dressing room was filled with people running around. Everyone, even their staff was nervous and things had to be done quickly.  Somehow, Youngtaek had managed to fall asleep inside this chaos. 

"Let's not be nervous and just be happy.", Daeyeol tried to calm his members. 

"You're the most nervous of us all.", Sungyoon said bluntly.

"You're right." 

"When are the girls going to come?", Joochan asked for the hundredth time making Jibeom groan in annoyance. Since the girls had VIP tickets they were allowed to greet the boys before the concert and everyone was quite excited. It had been three weeks since they last saw each other. 

"In about ten minutes.", Jibeom answered nervously. His fingers were playing with his bracelet again. Somehow this meeting was more nerve-wracking than the concert to him. 

On the other side of the room Jangjun practiced what to say to Siyeon. He had to hold in the news for two weeks now and it was definitely not his strength to hold in secrets. One time he had been so close to calling Siyeon and just telling her but luckily he could stop himself. He wanted to tell her in person.