Chapter 24 - And all dreams came true

The concert had just started but everyone was already screaming their lungs out. Both Siyeon and Hwayoung waved their lightsticks in excitement, smiling brightly. In the past hours the both of them had practiced all the fanchants, making sure to enjoy the concert the fullest and of course to support their boys. 

"This feels like a dream.", Siyeon whispered to Hwayoung when the boys were backstage, changing their outfits. 

Hwayoung nodded as a reply, watching the boys go up on stage again. The happiness on their faces was enough to make her feel the same. It was their first ever concert and she was there, aware this moment would go down in the boys' history. 

Of course tears were shed as well. 

Throughout the whole concert Jibeom had tried not to obviously look at Hwayoung. Jangjun on the other hand hadn't been that careful and just enjoyed his time on stage, sometimes even winking at Siyeon. 

But when most of the boys were holding back their tears, realizing this was a big step for them, Jibeom looked at Hwayoung, his voice even more shaking. She tried to smile but seeing him this vulnerable made it hard. 

Jibeom wasn't the best at expressing his feelings through words, another reason why he had hesitated to write her a letter. That's why he hoped Hwayoung would feel how grateful he was through his voice. He didn't stop looking at her even for one second, just wanting her to know the emotions inside him. Thank you.

For years she had supported him, believed in him, even after they had went on different paths. Jibeom felt so lucky their paths had crossed one more time and he realized he wouldn't be here without her. In this moment he let the world see more emotion than usual. The fear of losing her again, the hope, the love, everything. 

Most of the fans didn't see it, but he only wanted one person to understand. 

When the song finished Hwayoung smiled at him, obviously overwhelmed. Jibeom's heart stopped when he saw her mouth a sentence. 

I love you, Jibeom. 

The concert ended sooner than wanted and even though they had performed a lot of songs, none of the boys were tired. They were exhausted from the hard choreographies but they didn't think about going to sleep anytime soon. 

"That was amazing!", Joochan yelled, when they entered the waiting room. All of the staff members had waited for them and were now breaking out in cheers. The members gathered in the middle for a group hug, overflowing with happiness. 

"We did it.", Daeyeol told them proudly, relieved no one had gotten hurt. Sungyoon pulled him into a hug. 

"Let's celebrate this together." 

"Jibeom? Aren't you coming?", Bomin asked worried, noticing his friend had stayed behind. Jibeom gave him a nervous smile. 

"I'll join you in a few." 

Bomin understood and patted Jibeom's shoulder. "Don't take too long or the food will get cold." Then he left the room, following his members. 

When Jibeom exited the waiting room after a few minutes, his eyes immediately fell on the person waiting for him. Hwayoung was holding her lightstick and waved it happily before hugging him. "I'm so proud of you." 

 Jibeom didn't reply, a lump in his throat. Worried Hwayoung broke the hug and caressed his cheek, not caring about the sweat. "Are you okay?" 

"I've never been this happy in my life.", Jibeom replied, completely honest. "I just hope you know how thankful I am to have you. That you didn't give up on me, on us, even though I did and-" His voice broke and a tear rolled down his cheek but Hwayoung quickly wiped it away.