Chapter 22 - The tragic story of headphones

"Oh no. One of the boys forgot his earphones.", Siyeon said holding up a pair of earphones as soon as Hwayoung cam into the living room. Somewhere, on a highway, Youngtaek was having a mental breakdown over the loss of his earphones. 

To be honest, at this moment none of the girls cared. Hwayoung was on cloud 9 and of course Siyeon knew what had happened. 

"He wrote you a love letter." 

"It gets better." 

"He confessed his love." 

"Even better."

"He's Spiderman?", Siyeon asked confused. Even this could not ruin Hwayoung's good mood. She took her best friend's hands and started jumping up and down. 

"He came back! Actually Sungyoon made him go back, but that's beside the point. He came back and kissed me!", Hwayoung said and started squealing. Together both girls jumped up and down happily while screaming their lungs out making Ms. Lee run into the room, worried something had happened. But when she saw the girls, she just rolled her eyes. 

"Here I am, an old lady, thinking that without these boys this house would get quieter. What a foolish thought." 

The rest of the week went by faster than the girls had wished. For Hwayoung it was weird to watch the sunrise without Jibeom. They always talked to each other on the phone while she was here and Jibeom watched the sunrise in Seoul. Even though they were apart, it was their moment. 

Siyeon had definitely spammed Jangjun with text messages. Sometimes they'd just have conversations full of emojis or late night talks until one of them would fall asleep. They weren't even apart for long, yet they missed each other with every fibre of their body.

Just like Youngtaek missed his earphones. 

So when their very last night in this hotel came, the girls were pretty sad but still tried to cherish every moment. Together the Lee's, the girls and Yubin, who came to see his old friend again, ate dinner one last time. 

"I'm gonna miss this place really bad.", Hwayoung admitted and took a sip of her drink. Siyeon nodded in agreement. 

"I didn't even know this place before, but I already feel homesick." 

"You know-", Mr. Lee said with a warm smile. "our doors are always open. If you need anything, just come." 

"Thanks.", Hwayoung said and looked at every one at the table. "I really mean it." 

"Don't get sentimental here!", Ms. Lee scolded and put another portion on Hwayoung's plate. As celebration the woman had made her favourite food and Hwayoung already had two plates full. Well, another one won't hurt, right? 

The night was filled with laughter and after the Lee's had gone to bed, Yubin was ready to spill some tea. 

"So, Hwa?", he began with a teasing tone. "I'm glad that boy finally got the guts to confess. If not, he would have killed me with his glares." 

"What the hell do you mean? Jibeom can't hurt a fly.", Hwayoung laughed confused. 

"Language!" 

"Are you serious, Siyeon? You definitely spend too much time with Daeyeol." 

"So what I was about to say.", Yubin said impatiently. "Jibeom was obviously jealous when he saw you hugging me. Like, for a second I thought I was breathing my last breath." 

"Are you actually serious?" 

"Come on, Hwa.", Siyeon said not believing her friend was that blind. "Didn't you see the way he looked at Joochan when you were drawing together? Or actually at any of his members when they were close to you?"