Chapter 14 - revenge is bittersweet, or in this case: cold

"Jibeom! Jibeom, for god's sake, wake up!", Hwayoung whisper - yelled and knocked against the window. Luckily for her, the balcony was going around the whole house so she could go to their room without having to use the hallway. But now her mission was far more difficult than she had imagined. For a hot second she considered doing it alone and pranking Jibeom too but then his head appeared behind the window. 

Hwayoung immediately shut up. Both because was scared Youngtaek would wake up and Jibeom's face and messy hair made him look so cute. 

A few moments later Jibeom stepped out onto the balcony still in his sleepwear. 

"It's way too cold.", he murmured and yawned. Hwayoung scoffed and pointed at her clothes. Unlike him she wasn't that clever and still wore her thin sweater and sweatpants. Not exactly the perfect clothing for snow. 

"Oh really? And who had to knock on your window for solid five minutes until you'd finally show up?", Hwayoung asked and shivered. Hopefully this plan would be over soon. 

"Do you have the buckets?", Jibeom asked ignoring her whining. Again, Hwayoung scoffed and lifted two buckets. 

"Perfect. Let's go." 

Through the night more and more snowflakes had fallen and the landscape has now transformed into winter wonderland. The parking lot was filled with snow and Hwayoung already had an idea what to do later. 

Knowing they had to be fast, Jibeom and Hwayoung filled the buckets with cold snow and brought them upstairs. 

"What do you think you're doing?", Ms. Lee asked them in her best mom voice imitation. Then she remembered what had happened a few days before but still pointed her finger at the both of them. "You will clean up afterwards." 

Making their way upstairs, they plotted who to prank first. 

"Bomin's the last one. He sleeps the heaviest.", Jibeom whispered as Hwayoung entered the first room and saw Siyeon was still sleeping peacefully. Now that her teddy bear aka Hwayoung was gone she had subconsciously grabbed a pillow and hugged it. 

For a short second Hwayoung felt bad but then she already put her hand in the snow and threw it onto her friends face. Of course Siyeon woke up to that and one could say she was more confused than while learning maths. She sat up and as soon as her eyes fell onto her best friend, Hwayoung sprinted out of the room and saw Jibeom leaving his own where Youngtaek already started yelling after him. 

"Just throw it at them!", Jibeom yelled obviously not caring about being silent anymore and together they stormed into the next room where Jangjun, Donghyun and Joochan were sleeping in. With fast moves the they threw the snowballs at them and Jibeom threw one extra one at Jangjun because he had the idea of locking him in the closet. 

As soon as they heard the boys scream they ran out of the room and into the next one. Seungmin, Jaehyun and Sungyoon were all peacefully sleeping. Of course that didn't last long. Jaehyun and Seungmin got up confused as hell while Sungyoon already sprinted after the pranksters. 

"Shit, I forgot he's so fast!", Jibeom yelled as Sungyoon chased him down the stairs while Hwayoung hid in the last room. When she turned around and saw the youngest and eldest sleeping peacefully in one bed she almost felt bad. Almost. 

Then the two boys felt something cold on their faces and sat up. Their gaze fell onto Hwayoung who started grinning. 

"Ups?", she said sarcastically and ran out of the room leaving the two boys in utter confusion. 

Hwayoung almost thought she escaped Sungyoon but then he suddenly stood in front of her. She heard a door behind her and turned around looking at Jangjun.