Chapter 11 - Mission: Siyeon's Happiness Part 1

"I'll shower first!", Hwayoung yelled as soon as the girls entered their room. Not wasting a second she ran into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Siyeon could only  laugh at Hwayoung's behaviour and put down her guitar. It was a present of her father who was the only one who supported her dream of making music. Music was her source of energy. 

Siyeon just sat down on her bed as her phone started ringing. Without looking at the ID she accepted it. 

"Choi Siyeon, who is it?", she asked and held back a yawn. When the other person started talking the blood in her veins froze. 

"Siyeon, please hear me out.", he said but didn't sound sincere. Siyeon froze in her actions and shivered. 

"And what? You tell me you're sorry and everything's fine?", she yelled now getting angry. The past three months she had hoped he would call and say sorry but now all she wanted was to get over him. "You cheated on me." 

"And I really regret that. I drank too much and-" 

"I don't want you to call me again. She probably broke up with you, didn't she? The girl you cheated me with? And now you're trying to get me back which is not happening.", Siyeon said and felt her emotions taking over. Just hearing his voice made her blood boil again. She was angry at him, yes. But at the same time she was angry at herself for wasting three months on crying over him. 

"Siyeon, please don't overreact and make this worse-" 

"Worse? Are you kidding me?", Siyeon was now shouting but she did not care. "You were the one who started this, but I am the one who ends this now. Don't call me again." 

With these words she hung up and her brain needed a few seconds to process what happened. When she realized what she had done she was quite proud of herself but still angry at him. Furious she threw her phone on the bed and sank down on her knees. 

Tears were streaming down her face as Hwayoung exited the bathroom. As soon as she saw her best friend on the floor crying she ran over to her and wrapped her in her arms. Siyeon gave in to Hwayoung's touch and leaned onto her shoulder still crying. Of course Siyeon always tried to act strong for Hwayoung so she wouldn't have to deal with her problems and worry, but now all she wanted was someone to hold her. 

"It's okay. Let it all out.", Hwayoung whispered while caressing Siyeon's back. Her gaze fell onto the phone and she figured out what must have happened. Still she didn't really know but didn't push Siyeon to tell her. 

After a while Siyeon calmed down but didn't let go of Hwayoung. She was angry at herself for being so emotional but at the same time knew it would be better to talk about it. 

"Take your time.", Hwayoung said when she saw Siyeon had problems starting. At this moment Siyeon was so thankful for Hwayoung. Just with being here she already helped her calm down and Hwayoung always had the right words to calm her down. Without Hwayoung who listened to her crying over her ex at three am she would have been completely alone. 

"He called.", Siyeon began but her voice cracked. Hwayoung nodded as this was what she thought. "He apologized an wanted me to come back to him but I told him to never call me again." 

"Which was the right decision.", Hwayoung said seriously as she saw her best friend doubted this decision. "He's an idiot for letting such a beautiful flower go." 

"Stop. I'm not that beautiful. The girl he cheated me with was probably more beautiful.", Siyeon whispered sadly.

"For him, maybe. Maybe society thinks she's more beautiful. But trust me when I say, somewhere in the world is a man, or woman if you prefer, who thinks you're the most beautiful in their eyes.", Hwayoung said and squeezed Siyeon's hand. Softly she wiped away her tears and put her hair behind her ears. Then she had an idea. "Go shower."