Chapter 10 - The one ball sport Jaehyun thinks he's good at

When Hwayoung woke up again, she realized she was in her bed in her room. Beside her was Siyeon who hugged her like a koala. Hwayoung wiggled out of her embrace and stood up. She felt as if a truck rolled over her. Surprised she saw she had slept for more than ten hours. 

Her eyes fell onto the balcony and she saw the sun was just about to rise. With a smile she took a blanket and her paper and tiptoed through the room. She went outside and wrapped herself in the blanket. Then a voice spoke next to her. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Of course Hwayoung recognized Jibeom's voice immediately. Surprised she turned around. Jibeom was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants and his red hair was messy. When he spoke his voice was deeper as usual. All in one, he was damn handsome despite having just woken up. How unfair, Hwayoung thought. 

Together they sat down and when Hwayoung noticed he was freezing she put the blanket over both of them surprising Jibeom. 

"This is my favourite view in the world.", Hwayoung finally answered making Jibeom look at her. While she watched the sun rise he couldn't help but stare at her. This was his favourite view as well. 

Hwayoung pulled out her drafts and started sketching the sun rise and the mountains. Every year when they visited this house she'd draw it to see how much she had improved. But now she just wanted to capture this moment. Sometimes she'd take pictures of things just to draw them later but usually she liked it more to draw in real time. 

"Can I look at it?", Jibeom asked interested and pointed at her notebook. Without thinking Hwayoung nodded concentrated on her drawing. At the same time Jibeom took the book and flipped through the pages. Amazed at how good she had gotten he stared at the drawings, mostly just done with pencils. Some were designed clothes and one caught his eye in particular. It was a completely black outfit with feathers making it look like a black swan. 

When he wanted to say something to it and compliment her Hwayoung snatched away the notebook. She had completely forgotten about the drawing of him. Did he see it? 

"Umm, I am quite embarrassed about it.", she explained at his confused look. It wasn't a total lie since she was actually insecure about her art. At the same time she didn't want Jibeom to see the drawing of him. 

"You've gotten really good. Really.", he said and Hwayoung hid her face in the blanket making him laugh. She wasn't really good at taking compliments but still they made her feel good. 

"This reminds me of when we were kids and stood up extra early to see this. I remember tapping on your room window just so you'd wake up.", Hwayoung laughed while drawing. She then looked at Jibeom who couldn't hold in a smile as well. 

"Today I set my alarm clock extra early just to see this.", he said. "Youngtaek almost killed me." 

Between them it got silent again. Jibeom glanced over to Hwayoung who was happily drawing. He figured it was her way of coping with emotions. Her way of expressing her feelings. He saw how her lips shivered a bit but she didn't care. 

"Are- Are you cold?", he asked and wrapped the blanket closer around her. Hwayoung nodded in surprise. She hadn't realized how cold it was. 

"I think we should go inside again. Do you want coffee or tea?", she asked and stood up. When Jibeom stood up and realized he was way taller than her he smiled. 

"Both is fine." 

Now an hour later most of the boys sat in the living room sipping their teas or coffees. Siyeon was the last one to join them. She could really sleep like a stone.