Death

Tony stared down at the fragile boy lying on the hospital bed in front of him. Those beautiful doe eyes forever closed.
Silent tears ran down his face as Bruce put a sympathetic hand on his shoulder.

"Mr Stark?" Peter grinned, staring up at his idol. "I had this idea... Its probably stupid though -" he murmered sheepishly.
"Go on, I wanna hear it." Tony responded, sipping his coffee.
"Ok - so, what if the suits were made out of nanotech? You could add so much more features!"
"That's - that's not a bad idea." Tony said, stroking his chin thoughtfully.
Peter's face lit up, radiating sunshine.
He looked like an excitable puppy who was going on a walk.

Steve walked into the hospital room.
"Did they do it?" He asked.
He was answered with silence.
No constant beeping that was kinda annoying.
No strained breaths that made him squirm.
Just silence.

"Ok, so next you put the sugar in -"
"Like this?" Tony said, dumping a whole bag of sugar into the mixing bowl.
"Wha - no not like that! Only 225 grams that was a kilo!" Peter stuttered, glaring at the billionaire, "These are gonna taste disgusting!"
"Whatever," Tony shrugged. "I'll just buy some and tell pepper we made them."
"The point is that we enjoy the fact that we have made them! Plus Pepper will know if you've bought them, she's clever." Peter said, while cracking some eggs into the very sugary cupcake batter. "If we double the ingredients we should be able to make some decent cupcakes."
Tony grabbed an egg and threw it at Peter. It cracked on his head and the yolk slithered down his face.
He shrieked and threw an egg at Tony, resulting in a full blown egg war.

"Oh Tony - I'm so sorry."
Steve wrapped his arms around Tony, who stiffened at first but then melted into the hug.
"He - he was so young." He finally said, sobs wracking his body.
Bruce bowed his head as the other avengers came in, one by one to pay their respects.

Tony's phone rang, his hand hovered over the dismiss button, but he saw it was Peter's name on the contact.
He picked it up and held it to his ear.
"Mr Stark?" a distressed voice sounded, the unmistakable voice of Peter.
"Kid? You do realise it's 2am?"
"I know I know - I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here."
Tony furrowed his eyebrows.
"How so?" he asked.
He was met with a terrified scream and a sickening crunch.

"He was an amazing kid." Clint spoke up, staring down at the lifeless boy.
It felt wrong to look at him, so instead they turned to Tony, who was sobbing into Steve's shoulder.
"He's in a better place, Tony." Natasha said, pulling up a chair for the distraught billionaire,who sank into it, holding his head in his hands.

It was easy to find Peter's location, he had been thrown off a bridge onto the pavement below.
People were standing around, wondering what to do.
Tony quickly scooped the unconscious teen in his arms and flew back to the tower at lightning speed.

Peter had been in a coma ever since.
Today, they had turned the life support off.

The avengers were a most peculiar sight. They were gathered around Tony Stark, who was sobbing in a chair.
Steve had a single tear running down his face, and Natasha's eyes were clouded with sadness.
Clint had his head down, the same with Bruce, Thor and Rhodey.
Why were they so sad?

"Uh you guys good?" Peter asked, propping his head up from his pillow.
Alot of faces turned his way, either in shock or disbelief.
"K - kid?" Tony choked.
"Wassup my dudez." Peter responded.

"Why yall look so shocked -"

"Do I look ok? Yall look like I just came back from the dead."
"You did -" Clint murmered, but Peters hearing heard it.
"I.... Died?" he said, slightly baffled.
"Well I'm alive! Whoop! Hooray!"

The avengers were still stunned.

Let's just say - there was alot of confusion but it all turned out fine in the end.

_______________________________________

Welp.....rip Peter.
Happy valentines day yall! I want to do a valentines day special so look out for that!
Also I dumped my boyfriend so I'm gonna be a single pringle -
:'(