Climbing

Requested by Bookworm_018
Sorry this took forever! I've been really busy 😅

~

Pain.

That was the first thing Peter felt.

"Hey buddy? Hold on tight the helicopter is coming."

He squirmed blindly, a strangled cry coming out of his throat.

"I've got you, kid. It'll be alright."

... Tony?

He moaned softly as he felt arms lift him up, away from the cold, hard ground.

He cracked his eyes open an inch, but was met with blinding lights and people leaning over him, shouting orders and checking him over.

What happened?

He scanned his mind, and suddenly it all came crashing down.

~

~

"Hey Mr Stark! What do you need?"

"Well - the avengers and I - you know we haven't been on best terms, but we're trying to get the team back together so we're going mountain climbing. Sort of a team building activity type thing. Wanna come?"

"Uh - YES!!!"

~

~

Peter wrung his hands together nervously, he hadn't seen the avengers since their last mission, and they had found out about his identity - and they still weren't comfortable with him around, him being 15 and all that jazz.

He boarded the quinjet - why they needed a quinjet for a team building activity was beyond him - but here they were.

The flight was almost silent, apart from the quiet murmuring between Cap and Nat.
Sam was having a staring contest with Bucky.
Tony and Bruce were having a sciencey conversation.
Rhodey was eating a cheeseburger.
Clint was playing animal crossing on the Nintendo switch he had brought with them,
and Wanda was reading a book about witches and wizards who go to a magic school and almost get killed by some wierd dude.
She seemed to be enjoying it.

So Peter sat in the corner awkwardly, it remained the same when they arrived, putting on their harnesses.
Peter was the last one and consequently, was almost left behind.

When they actually began climbing the mountain, Peter was surprisingly good - I mean he was spiderman.

However things spiralled downhill very quickly.

~

They had been climbing for around two hours, Peter had excelled and made his way near the front of the line of heroes, in between Captain America and Nat.

Steve looked down at him every so often, checking that he was ok.
And Nat called out to him when they needed a drink break, giving him a large amount of snacks because of his fast metabolism.

When they were passing a particularly difficult part, it was agreed that the human avengers would go round the side, which was a slightly longer way but safer, and the super humans would unharness themselves and go across the hard bit.

Tony protested when they took off Peters harness, and Peter himself was terrified, but he swallowed his discomfort and followed Steve and Bucky.

They had to jump across a crevice, and of course Peter would mess that up.

Steve and Bucky got across fine, and  Wanda flew over.

Peter took a deep breath and began to edge himself along the rock.
He was halfway across when someone shouted something, it was Clint, a little while away with the human avengers.

Peter immediately turned around, only to slip, catching his foot on a piece of rock jutting out.
He could see Steve reaching out to him, almost in slow motion.
He tried to grab something, but his hands only grazed the rock, cutting them open.

Down he fell.

Down

Down

Down

He reached the ground with a thump, landing on his side and twisting his arm around so far that it snapped, sending massive waves of pain through his body.

He tried to sit up, hoisting his uninjured arm in the air, but he fell down again with a sickening crunch.

He heard voices from up above, shouts asking if he was ok, but his vision blurred and the voices drowned out.

A little while passed, and Peter lay idley on the cold ground.
Suddenly there was a red glow, and Wanda was beside him, she must have flown down.

She looked him over and examined his injuries, and by the look on her face, it was bad.
She began to pick him up, but stopped when Peter screamed at the sudden influx of pain.

"I'm sorry Peter, I really am." She whispered, then scooped him up, ignoring Peters screams.

And then he was floating.

Sort of.

Wanda was holding him.

When they flew out of the crevice she placed him on the ground of a platform on the mountain, carefully trying to avoid his injuries.

Steve and Bucky swam into his vision,  holding his hand and telling him they were getting help - and then Tony was beside him.

Tony cradled his head in his lap, brushing through his curls and whispering soothing words of encouragement.

"You're gonna be ok. We just need to wait till the medical team get here."

And that's when the darkness settled in.

~

He awoke, in surgery.

Yup.

Surgery.

Cause apparently anaesthetic doesn't work for mutant spiders with enhanced metabolisms.

He screamed and shuddered while the medical team desperately tried to restraint him.

They had to bring Tony in to calm him, to tell him it was gonna be ok.

Eventually the surgery was over, and he fell into a nightmarish slumber.

~

When he awoke for a second time, he was in a hospital room.
Needles in his skin and a breathing cannula.
There was a machine next to him showing his steady heartbeat.

One thing was for certain.

He was never going mountain climbing again.

~

~

Yikes, sorry for not updating but stuff has been kinda crazy.
I removed my updating schedule cause I just don't have enough time to create a chapter every week, I hope y'all can understand.

I'm much more active on my Instagram @iron_and_washing_dads so if you wanna drop a follow I post marvel and hamilton stuff.