Gone With The Wind //pt2

"Tony?"

Happy's voice was full of disbelief, his best friend - who was supposed to be dead - was standing outside his front door.

"The one and only," Tony replied "Can I come in?"

Happy nodded wordlessly, opening the door fully and gesturing for him to step inside.
The house was simple, whitewashed walls and light wooden floorboards.

"Who was it happy?" a voice came from the kitchen, and a woman that Tony instantly recognised as Peter's aunt May walked into the hall.

She froze when she saw Tony, looking him up and down, taking in every detail of him.
"Tony? I - I thought - everyone said you were dead!" she gasped.

"I was in a coma. Could've died any minute but I pulled through."

May beckoned Tony to the living room and went to make them all some tea.
Tony sat down on the grey couch, Happy sat opposite him.

"So - what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your daughter?" Happy asked, attempting to start a conversation.
"I was asleep for a year Happy, and when I wake up the world has gone to crap and my favourite spiderling is a criminal." Tony said.

Happy looked down, trying to stop the tears that were forming.
"Tony - the kid was so lost when you were gone. He went through so much."
"Where is he now?" Tony asked.

"We don't know." May said, walking into the living room with 3 mugs and some cookies on a tray.
"We searched for him - but after his identity was revealed he disappeared. We tried everything. But he has gone completely off the map."
She placed the tray down on the coffee table and sat next to Happy on the sofa.
"Happy managed to get us to this safe house, and we've been living under fake aliases ever since. The press was terrible."

"And you have no information on where Peter could be?"
"Like we said, we've tried everything. He must have gone far away because we've checked every security camera in Queens and all the cities around."
Tony sighed.

"Poor kid. I can't imagine what he's going through."

----------—--------------------------------

Over the next few hours, Tony, May and Happy shared all their research, trying to work out where exactly Peter had gone.

They created a time line of events on the day Peter went missing, scanning every security camera in the city - which took ages.

They managed to track him to philadelphia, he hadn't stopped swinging. He had collapsed on a rooftop and curled into a ball, holding his knees to his chest.

Then there was a flash of gold, and a portal appeared.
A woman stepped out of the portal.
She held out her hand, seemingly saying something to Peter.
He nodded and took her hand, and they walked into the portal together.

Tony paused the footage, staring at the screen in disbelief.
Because he only knew one person who could make flaming gold portals, but why would he help Peter? They hadn't exactly been close when they were in space.

Happy zoomed in on the woman and they all gasped.

The woman was no stranger.

It was wanda.

*yeets out of window*