Bonfire Night

A/N: who was a lazy fuck and didn't update last week? Me :)
I am ✨trying✨ to finish gone with the Wind but with school and stuff - this is what i managed to do.

I know this only happens in England because of guy falks but let's just pretend they do it in America.
Also this is completely based on episode 1, season 3 of Sherlock so if you don't want spoilers don't read this :)

----------------------------------------------

Peter was walking to the avengers Tower after patrolling for a while.
It was 5pm, and dusk was just about falling.

Somebody bumped into him and as he muttered a quick "Sorry" he felt a prick in his neck, somebody grabbed him from behind and pushed him to the pavement.

Peter slowly began to lose consciousness as he tried to fight back, the pit of darkness overtaking him.
The last thing he remembered was his head hitting the cold, hard ground.

~

Tony was in an avengers meeting when he got the text.
His phone pinged, and much to Steve's annoyance, he picked it up to see who had texted him.

We have the spider

Tony's breathing immediately quickened. Spider? As in Peter? Who had him? Where had they taken him?

The children are clapping.
The adults are laughing.
They are putting up the scarecrow

The what? Tony jumped out of his seat, startling the other avengers.
"Tony? What is it?" Natasha asked, looking up from the file she was reading.

Tony weighed up his options, he could ask the others for help - they might be able to figure out where Peter is, but that would mean revealing his identity. Or he could go on alone, risking Peter's imminent death.

Option 1 was better.

"You know Spiderman?" He said.
"From the airport?" Sam asked.
"Yes. He's in trouble and I need some help finding him."

The avengers agreed, surprisingly.
Tony showed them the texts when another one came through.

It's getting hot up here.

"Hot?" Natasha asked, then a look of realisation dawned on her face.
"There's a bonfire tonight," She said.
Everyone looked up at her.
"They're putting up the scarecrow. In England, they celebrate guy falks night on the 5th of November, because a person called Guy Falks tried to blow up parliament.
They make a bonfire and throw a scarecrow on it.
Some British people in New York decided to celebrate it tonight."

Tony looked panicked.
"Then where the hell is it. I'm not having my kid burned to a crisp." he hissed.
Ignoring the fact he had said 'My kid', Tony called his ironman armour and blasted through the window.
Natasha hopped onto a motorbike with Steve, Sam put on his wings, and the rest followed in a car out of interest.

~

Peter couldn't move.
He could hear laughing and lots of people talking, but he was in the dark.
There was something on his chest.
He was buried. Like in the warehouse.
He tried to scream but his throat was hoarse, nothing more than a whisper coming out.

~

The flames are close.

Tony powered his repulsers at full speed, the bonfire now in sight, they were about to light it.

~

Peter desperately tried to scream, shout, move, do anything at all, but his limbs refused to cooperate.

~

Nobody saw ironman racing towards them as a woman with a flaming torch lit the bonfire.
Orange and red sparks flew up into the air as the crowd cheered, the scarecrow engulfed in flames.

~

Peter was hot. Very hot. He could feel flames licking his skin, burning him.
He managed to let out a terrified scream as smoke flew into his mouth, up his nostrils and in his eyes. He was trapped.

~

Tony finally landed as he received another text message.

Looks like you were too late :(

"NO!" Tony shouted, earning the attention of the crowd, who gasped as they saw the red and gold hero.

A strangled cry was heard, from inside the bonfire.

Tony pushed people aside as he prayed that his suit was fire proof, and he dove into the flames.

Sam, who had been following closely behind, flew in to help, grabbing wooden crates and chucking them to the side as they searched for the young spider.

Tony was the one to find him, the unconscious boy in his normal civilian clothes lying in the flames.
He quickly grabbed him and dragged Peter away from the fire.

People in the crowd screamed as they realised a teenage boy had been under the bonfire.

The other avengers arrived on the scene. Bruce sprinted out of the car, medical equipment in hand.

Tony kneeled next to Peter, who lulled his head to the side, his eyes open in little slits.
"M's St'rk," he mumbled.
Tony shushed him and placed an oxygen mask over his face (provided by Bruce).
He ran his fingers through the teens charred hair as Bruce began to look over his injurys.

"He has alot of third degree burns, Tony. It's pretty bad." He said.
"Bring him to the tower, we have better resources in the medbay." Tony said frantically, beckoning for Steve to come and pick Peter up.

Steve scooped the boy into his arms.
"This is...?" Tony only nodded, ignoring the glares he got from the other avengers.
Steve took Peter inside the car, and they drove off at full speed.

Peter gazed up at Captain America, his idol.
"Hi," he slurred.
"Hey kid. You're gonna be ok, I promise."
"s'ats 'nice" Peter responded, before spiralling back into unconsciousness.

The last thing he heard was Captain America swearing and telling someone to speed up.

~

When he awoke, he was in a hospital bed. It was quiet, a nice white room with white walls and a white bed and white curtains and god knows what's else.
The nice atmosphere however, did not distract him from the pain. He had an oxygen mask on, and a machine was steadily beeping beside him.
Peter frowned.
He had an IV in his arm.
He hated needles.

He tried to lift his arm to take it out but was met with blinding pain.

Suddenly he heard voices.
He tuned into his super hearing to hear what they were saying.

"He's a kid, Tony! You brought a kid to fight us! That's not ok!"

"He's 16! He knows what he's doing! All I did was give him a new suit and a chance!"

"The kid was almost burned alive Tony!"

"He would continue doing it anyway! I just made sure he could keep spidermanning safely!"

Peter groaned. He hated it when people argue.

The voices went quiet for a second, then Tony poked his head round the door, jumping when he saw Peter staring at him.
"Oh, hey kid, " he said.
"You have us quite a scare."

"It wasn't my fault." Peter remarked.
"I didn't ask for someone to kidnap me and shove me under a bonfire."

Tony winced.
"I know it wasn't your fault kiddo."

He came to his bedside and examined the bandages that covered his arms and chest.
"You got some serious injuries. We didn't know if you'd pull through." Tony admitted, earning a sympathetic glance from Peter.

"Thanks for saving me." he said.
Tony smiled and ruffled the Boy's hair.

"No problemo kid."

:)