Night Sky (Chp. 29)

Y/N POV:

I slammed on the breaks and stormed up to my apartment building. I had remembered my car keys but forgot to bring my house keys. I prayed to whatever god above that Zira was home and not out at the bar seducing some poor sap. Shoulda gone to church more because my prayers were not enough. The door wouldn't budge and the doorbell seemed to echo in the empty apartment. 

"oh my god, FUCK YOU ZIRA" I screamed to no one, my words evaporating into the night sky. I turned around to figure out what to do and where to go only to find a poor little boy and his mother standing side by side. 

"I am so sorry, my sincerest apologies." I winced. That kid would not recover his innocent little ears from my foul language.

I stomped to my car angrily and slammed the door as I got in. My tires squealed as I sped out of the parking lot. I didn't have a destination in mind but that wasn't my biggest priority right now. I took many lefts and a couple rights, got lost a few times even though I had no where to go. But no matter how fast my wheels spun, nothing could out run my thoughts. I couldn't believe he cheated on me. Was I not good enough? Did I do something wrong? Was I being overbearing? No, Y/N, you are a bad bitch. Even if Aizawa doesn't think so you are not a simpleton. You are a handsome perfect smart man who is worth every single dollar in the world. And you don't need Aizawa to prove that to you. You don't need his validation. You don't need Aizawa himself. 

Narrator POV:

Y/N was overcome by thoughts and didn't even notice when his gas light came on. He didn't notice that the further he drove the more his car slowed down. He didn't notice the car was low until gas until well, it was out of gas.

"Ugh FUCK! WHY DID EVERYBODY ON EARTH DECIDE TO RAIN ON MY PITY PARTY PARADE?"

Y/N was still filled to the brim with anger so he stepped out of his car and ran. He still didn't have a destination but running seemed to be the only way to stop his hyper mind. If he was exhausted than he would sleep. If he was asleep than he couldn't think. Y/N looked up and saw the city lights. And that's all he focused on for the next half an hour. 

Eventually, Y/N's lungs ran out of air. And his heart felt like it was beating out of his chest. Y/N slowed down and rested on a park bench. He looked up at the night sky. All the stars seemed like if he just reached out his hand he would be able to touch them. Y/N's eyes slowly began shut as he laid down and fell asleep to the sounds of the city.