The Date (Chp. 6)

"So is it really tonight?!" Present Mic squealed.

"Yes but you need to calm down okay? Your making me nervous."

"Ooh, someone's got butterflies." Present Mic taunted.

"I'm gonna leave before you drive me to the edge of insanity." Aizawa retorted.

Y/N's POV

"He's so dreamy Zira!" Y/N shouted across the apartment.

"Y/N IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP ABOUT THIS MYSTERY MAN, I'LL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!" Zira yelled back.

Zira and Y/N were best friends and when Zira was in a tight financial situation they moved in together.  They lived together in a 3 bedroom 1 and a half bathroom apartment.

"Okay! I'm ready!" Y/N shouted from the bathroom

Y/N walked out in the most beautiful attire Zira had ever seen.

"HE'S GONN FALL IN LOVE THE MINUTE HE SEES YOU!" Zira squealed.

"I HOPE SO!" Y/N squealed back.

Aizawa's POV

Oh god. I'm 3 minutes late. What if he thinks I'm ghosting him and he never talks to me?! I love our conversations so much, I don't know what I'll do if I don't talk to him again. No, love is a strong word, especially in this instance. I like our conversations... a lot.

Y/N's POV

I hope I look good enough. What if he thinks I look gross and then he leaves?! But, Aizawa doesn't seem like the kind or person who would do that. No, he would wait until the date is over and then ghost me. Oh goodness, I'm doomed.

Narrator POV

Y/N was sitting down on a bench waiting for Aizawa to arrive. Nervously fiddling with his hands, constant doubt ran through his mind. Suddenly, Aizawa burst through the doors, hair a mess.

"Sorry I was late. I swear I wasn't trying to avoid you." Aizawa rambled. "I just got caught up in traffic and then I went to the wrong place and I accidently took a little longer than I intended to trying to pick out an outfit and-"

"It's okay, everybody makes mistakes. And nobody's perfect. And besides, first dates are meant to be a little awkward." Y/N added sweetly.

Aizawa's POV

God he's perfect.

Narrator POV

"So, shall we go see some flowers?" Aizawa questioned.

As the pair walked through the dozens of flower arrangements, Aizawa looked at Y/N, admiring how amazed and awed he was by the beauty in each and every petal. Y/N caught Aizawa staring at him many times. He just decided to ignore it and start some small talk. After about an hour of normal first date questions, the two decided to take a rest on a bench right next to a cherry blossom and orchid arrangement.

"So why did you pick a private botanical garden for our first date?" Y/N asked while fiddling with something in his hands.

"Well I chose it because in your profile you said you loved flowers, so I chose something that would give us privacy yet an activity that we would both enjoy. Why? Do you not like it?" Aizawa worried.

"No no no, I love it! It's just I've never been on a date this romantic before." Y/N informed guiltily.

"Oh, well I'm glad I'm your first." Aizawa replied. "Not like that obviously because I would never do that sort of thing with you unless you wanted me too. And I'm not saying I wouldn't want to do it with you I just don't want you to be uncomfortable or anything. Not that I'm bad in bed I just don't know what you like yet. I'm not trying to come off as rude or cocky and I'm not saying that-"

"I get what you mean. There's no need to be nervous around me. I'm not gonna judge you or anything. And even if I was, it's only a first date so your heartbreak won't be too bad." Y/N stated.

Aizawa turned to see what Y/N was making only to see a beautiful chain of cherry blossoms tied together in a circular form. Aizawa watched as Y/N tied the last blossom on tying the two ends together.

"Here. It's for you. I know it seems stupid but cherry blossoms are my favorite flower and I want you to have something to remember me by." Y/N informed sweetly.

Aizawa blushed. "Thank you."

Y/N placed the crown on top of Aizawa's head and stood. He helped Aizawa up and the two started their journey back to the front gate. Aizawa and Y/N were quiet the whole way back until they reached the parking lot, stepping toward their separate cars.

Y/N turned toward Aizawa. "Thank you for tonight by the way. I really enjoyed it"

Aizawa walked towards Y/N with a sincere look on his face.

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Everything went silent. The birds stopped chirping. The leaves stopped swaying. Even the crickets were quiet.

"Mhmm." Y/N agreed.

Aizawa put his hands at the small of Y/N's back pulling him in for a kiss. As their lips touched, a burning sensation trickled out onto their lips. With a hunger for each other, Y/N and Aizawa kissed for what seemed like hours on end, but was really only seconds. And as the two of them separated, and walked back to their cars, they knew that this was not the last time they would share this intimacy.