3| Happy Birthday Jungkook

Y/n POV

After half an hour of going to tables and going through the crowd of dancers with drinks on a tray, my boss pulls me aside, "Birthday party is ready for the cake, so could you take care of that for them?"

I nodded and went to the back. I grapped a cake that was doodled with a neat 'Happy Birthday Jungkook' and put a lighter and cake knife in my apron. I balanced it without hesitation and walked to the back, steadying myself on my heels.

I let the security hold the door for me as the music in this room was lowered and the lights were brightened, safety precautions. I placed the cake on the table and waited for everyone to look at me so I can announce the birthday boy's birthday and light the candles and let them sing or whatever.

"So who's the lucky birthday guy?" I ask, trying to remember which one was Jungkook without knowing what his face was when his big eyes lit up. The guys around him nudged him and the girls who's legs were draped over his, had their hands in his hair.

I quickly tried to lit the candles when on the last one I realized the lighter was dead and I heard someone behind me shuffling said, "I can go get a new lighter,".

"No, we're all good," I said, lifting one candle and lit the dull candle with the other. "go ahead" I smiled at them and turned around to make sure I didn't bump into anyone, specifically the person who was behind me panicking.

He was a man who appeared shortest amongst the others, but that didn't make him in anyway less than the others. His face was beautiful and his biceps were a bit full; it was clear that he didn't stray from working out.

He smiled and his whole face scrunched up, his eyes disappearing. I stood behind him while they sang to Jungkook. I went to the corner that had been stacked with plates, of which I grabbed.

They finished and I let them cut the cake and serve themselves. I stood in the back watching, I wasn't allowed to leave until they had finished cutting the cake and pouring out drinks.

"Do you want a slice?" The shorter one asked me with a slice of the chocolate cake on the plate. My mouth watered, but I shook my head. "No thanks, I'm good, but thank you." I smiled.

"We haven't properly met, I'm Jimin." He said. I nodded and reached my hand out prepared to shake his when another man walked up to me, very closely.

"Hey, can I suggest a song? The music here is kinda ass," He said to me. I hadn't seen him before, but I knew he was from the bunch. He was taller than both Jimin and I, but almost hunched over. He looked tired and stressed in a way that still made him attractive, like I was able to tell he worked long nights, similar to me.

"Oh yes, follow me." I said remembering that I work here and shouldn't be so prepared to lounge around. I give Jimin a small wave, from our brief introduction he was much more pleasant than some of the other guys from this group.

The blonde boy follows me as I lead him to the speakers connected to an iPad that controls the music in the room, to avoid annoyance to the rest of the nightclub. "So what music do you want?" I ask, handing him the iPad. Our fingers brush and I pull my hands back quickly.

"Something fast, the women here are okay but I can't focus without good music, you know?" He says glancing at me for my reaction. "Why are you all like that?" I said crossing my arms, looking down.

"Like what?" He asks, returning his gaze back to the iPad, sounding almost uninterested. "Never mind." I say, deciding I don't want to get another complaint, including the one I'm probably getting from the man who threatened me before.

"We're not all like that, we're just bored." He says. "Okay," I say, looking around the room, my eyes glued onto the face of the birthday boy. He looked younger than the others, yet radiated such a confidence.

"My name is Yoongi," He says, his voice deeper and closer than I had realized. "I don't find you attractive like the others, just so you know." My eyes shoot up to him, "Excuse me?"

"They probably think you're hot, but I think you're just the same as the other girls here, maybe a little more attractive, but you're nothing special." He says harshly without looking at me. "Pretty ironic you say that, except you're not attractive in the slightest." I lie, hoping my words were as mean as his were to me.

"This is a good song," He says in a low voice before shoving past me. I guess I did hurt his feelings.

I turn around hoping I'm allowed to finally leave, but then a tall man walks over me with a drink in his hand. "I'm sorry that they are giving you a hard time tonight, Y/n." He speaks as he stands next to me. "No, no, it's fine. I'm pretty much used to it. Drunk men being rude comes with this job, so it doesn't shock me." I bite my lip.

"You don't deserve to be treated badly ever, I'm sorry again, on behalf of them. We were supposed to come back tomorrow, but we can request someone else." He says, keeping his eyes on the women dancing on the small dancefloor.

I think about the tip, if they're so rich then maybe I could get some really good cash. "No, it's fine. I don't mind, as long as you guys are not uncomfortable with me working with you all then I think it's all right." I nod to him. His eyes still not looking at me. "Yoongi is a nice man, he just has a hard time expressing his feelings and sometimes he says things he doesn't mean. Taehyung can be asshole though. He is a womanizer and that's just how he is, I'm sorry. Just try to stay away from him as much as possible I suggest."

"Who's Taehyung?" I ask, suspecting it's the rude man from the door. "Mr. I'm going to touch you or whatever." He says with a straight face. "Oh." Oh. That's all I can really say.

"If anything actually, can you tell him to leave me alone? I'm just trying to do my job and the last thing I need is a self-centered lunatic to annoy the hell out of me." I say. For the first time he laughs, but not long after he pushes himself off the wall to start walking away. "Wait," I say suddenly. He turns his attention to me, "what's your, um name?" He grins and turns back to the women.

"Namjoon."