9| You're Weird

Y/n POV

I open the back door and I stand against the wall and feel the cool night breeze hit my buzzed face from the few sips of alcohol I drank while on my shift. My boss isn't strict about us drinking while working, as long as we're sober enough to serve and be professional.

I look at the dark sky, the dimished moon, the half empty parking lot, when I see the shadow I saw yesterday facing me again. I squint my eyes slightly to get a better view when I think I can see the person holding something. I push off the wall to try and get a better look-

"Y/n, you left your jacket inside. Are you leaving right now? Your shift is almost done." My boss says popping her body out from the door looking at me as her glasses sit at the bridge of her nose. "Oh yeah, I'm just getting some air. I'll go back in and clock out in a few." I say.

She nods her head and looks out in the distance towards where I was looking. "Be careful out here okay?" I nod in response and the door closes quietly.

I return my gaze to where the dark figure was, but again like yesterday it's gone. I get a chill, like someone is watching me. I take a step towards that area to see if I can better look to see if the man was still there. Maybe I know them or they need something.

I take another step and squint my eyes when I feel someone touch my shoulder. I yelp and spin around to be met with a confused looking Yoongi. I sigh out of relief that it isn't a murder, until I realize that he could be out here to kidnap me or murder me.

"What are you doing?" I ask stepping back from him. "What am I doing? What are you doing? You're the one who jumped out of your skin when I barely touched your shoulder." He says, trying to read my face.

"You don't go up to a women in the middle of the night like that, unless you're going to hurt them," I say hesitantly, my eyes watching his moves carefully in case he does try to kidnap me.

"You think I'm going to hurt you?" He asks taking a step towards me and lowering his voice.

"Hey! I know how to fight and someone is going to see you on the cameras!" I lie, there aren't any cameras and I can only fight up to an extent, but he doesn't need to know that.

He burst out laughing, flashing me a gummy smile, the first time I saw him actually smile. I give him a questioning look, until realizing that he was messing with me. I give him a punch on his arm, half playful and half real.

"That's not funny." I say looking back to where I was looking before. I hear a lighter's flick and see Yoongi leaning against the wall lighting a cigarette.

I step back against the wall with him, not too close. "What were you looking for?" He asks, breaking the silence. I look back into the distance and decide to change the subject.

"Smoking is disgusting." I say. He exhales the smoke in front of himself, keeping his eyes focused in front of him.

"It's because of stress." He states, almost a mumble. My mind fills with memories with my dad; me yelling at him at a young age trying to get him to stop smoking, my mom hitting him in the arm every time he would smoke around me. "It's because of stress from work," he would say, but that time we didn't know that he had been laid off. So I guess it was from work, or the lack thereof.

"Well, instead of partying every night and sleeping with a bunch of women, you could be sleeping." I say almost jokingly. "I try, but I can't." He says in a serious tone. I nod my head understanding, but not wanting to talk about it, and by the way he stopped talking and putting the cigarette back in his mouth, I can tell he doesn't either.

"So how come you work here? I thought it was a place for attention seekers, but you're far from that." He says looking at me briefly.

"This place pays a lot, thanks to rich people like you." I say and I hear him stifle a laugh. "What about you, what's your job?" I ask.

"I can't tell you that," He says quickly, and I assume it's something dangerous, "sorry."

"It's okay." I say, not annoyed or bothered that he didn't tell me.

"You're weird," He says dropping the cigarette to the ground. "Why do you say that?" I ask looking at his face, seeing the moonlight hitting his soft features. He looks so pretty so effortlessly.

"The women I've spoken to always nag me to hear about my job or what I do, but you don't. You leave it how it is. You reject all the boys here so simply and aren't afraid to tell me how it is." He says looking at my face while I laugh at his words.

"I'm not weird, I'm normal. When someone is not interested in someone they tell them. I see boundaries between you and me and the other boys, so I respect them. I'm not looking for any kind of relation to you all unlike the other women inside. I don't see the obsession with you all, you're rich, that it." I stop myself from rambling any more.

He laughs again and continues to study my face. I look at him and he grins at me, hard. I shake my head and laugh at how ridiculous I sound.

We continue to stand beside each other in silence until finally Yoongi breaks it. "I should head back inside,"

"Yeah, me too." I agree, neither of us moving. It felt too comfortable to move now, like we had a silent agreement to enjoy this dead night, with the muffled music behind the wall we were clinging against.

I feel him looking at me, but I refuse to look back at him knowing the moment I do we probably would go back inside. My eyes flutter up to the dark sky. Although it was dark, it was covered with dozens of stars, so you couldn't differentiate the loneliness it could actually be feeling.

My heart pounds from hearing his soft inhales from beside me and I smile. As quiet and simple as they were, I could find the peace and relaxation in them. I felt safe with this stranger and for the first time in a long time I can feel myself feeling calm. I guess I am weird.