10| Mommy?

Y/n POV

I stare up at my painfully white ceiling as I hear the rings from text messages. I notice they're all from my mom, but I ignore them. It wasn't unlike her to spam text me, she sends various messages at a time to get the point across. I'll open them in a bit.

I hear banging from my door and realize I had drifted into an unintentional nap. I get up to see who is banging on my door. I grab my phone and open it to see at least 20 messages from my pissed off mom.

I open the door that was bound to have at least one dent in it from her relentless pounding. "Please be careful of my door, my landlord will definitely not like that." I say trying to lighten her mood, but she isn't taking any of it.

"What's up mom?" I ask, giving a small smile to her.

"No, what's up with you Y/n" She says seriously.

"Um, well I've been pretty good. I'm saving up for a new car actually. If you wanted to see what kinds I was looking at, you can-" She cuts off my witty lines.

"Y/n, what is wrong with you? Are you a whore now? Do you have no respect for yourself?" Her words shock me, my mom and I were very close and not once did she ever speak to me like that.

"What?" I ask. She pulls out her phone and puts it in my face.

"You work for men now? Are you really that desperate to be working like that Y/n?" She asks while I grab her phone. The screen is filled with photos of me walking in and out of Drinks Affair in tight black dress and high heels. I can see what she's thinking.

"Where did you get this? Who sent these to you?" I ask looking back her and her face is filled with disappointment.

"It doesn't matter. I did not raise you to be so disgusting. You value yourself so little, I never thought you would become this, this," Her hands are motioning to my body while she tries to find the word to call me, "slut."

"Mommy-" I say, my voice breaking. She never spoke to me that way and it hurt hearing it. "It's working, my job. I need a job and they pay really well, I mean look at the place I live in." I say, my eyes are watering.

"Leaving yourself to be some man's whore. That's what you wanted to be?" She asks, her face is filled with disgust.

"I'm a waitress, I don't do those things mom." I cry out, but she won't listen to me. It reminds me when I had tried to tell her that dad wasn't coming back, but she wouldn't listen to the truth.

"I'm taking you home," She starts, grabbing my arm when suddenly I snatch it back.

"No, I'm an adult. This is my job and you can't boss me around anymore. I love you so much, but get out." I say sternly, my voice is still shaking.

Her face is shocked, but she pulls her hand away from me and turns around to leave before mumbling more hurtful, degrading words.

I slam the door once she's stepped out and I burst out crying. My back slowly goes down the door and I cover my face with my hands. I feel as if I ruined the most important relationship I had and it was over something that didn't mean as much to me.

I start to think about the photos, where did she get those? Who sent them to her? Is someone stalking me, what the fuck do I do?

I bury my head between my legs and cry. The first time in a while that I cried and it hurt so much to do .