15| Flour, flour, flour

A/N

I'm sorry, but I had to.

*

*

*

Y/n POV

Jin is teaching me how to make carbonara noodles since he knows how hungry I am. He goes over each step and ingredient in extensive detail. Since I'm not a good cook, I pay particular attention. I want to understand, and he seems to appreciate it because after everything he explains, he smiles and scans to see if I understood.

He brings the flour for the noodles out from the cupboard and dumps it on the once-sparkling table. He grabs the dough and shows me how to flatten and shape them when the door opens. A dark-haired Jungkook, strides into the house, followed by Taehyung and I peek at Jin, but he remains unbothered.

"Y/n? What are you doing here? Are you gonna stay to eat carbonara with us?" Jungkook asks, stepping next to me. "Um, yeah." I say, trying to cover my surprise, not well.

While Jin is explaining something to me Jungkook cuts him off by grabbing a handful of flour. "JK, put that down. Can't you see we're trying to cook here-"

Before Jin can finish his sentence, flour is thrown onto the shirt I was wearing. My mouth drops open and I return the favor by tossing flour at a playful smiling Jungkook. He laughs as he looks down at his once black shirt. He picks up more and tosses more at me, while Jin sighs in frustration. I laugh out loud and grab more flour before rubbing it against Jungkook's face.

"Stop both of you," Jin says finally, a small smile that was on his face, it was easy to miss but I saw it. I look at him with a smile, but before I can throw flour onto him he points out of the kitchen, indicating for us to leave.

"You can borrow another shirt Y/n." Jin says as I follow Jungkook to, assumingly Jin's room.

I go to his closet and see much more clothes than I have. I pick out a plain black shirt and turn to face a shirtless Jungkook. I quickly spin back around, pretending I didn't see his fit, toned body. His muscles were big, but not in a scary way, and he has a few tattoos on his body.

"Don't worry, you can look. I'm proud of my body," Jungkook says, breaking my thoughts. "I'm okay," I simply reply.

I walk to Jin's dresser and see 3 photo frames sitting on it. I go closer and hear Jungkook going in Jin's closet, probably borrowing a shirt as well. The photos are of Jin younger, he wore glasses. He didn't appear to be as wealthy as he clearly is now, but I can see how his face changed from puberty.

"I know what you're thinking, Jin looks different." Jungkook says coming next to me. I nod while looking at another photo, not of Jin but someone with similar facial features. She was beautiful, there was no doubt.

"That's his mom," I look over to Jungkook. He's wearing a shirt now and he's looking at the photo. It was hard to read his expression.

"She's beautiful." I say returning my gaze back to the photo.

"Yeah, she was. And kind." He says. I realize that she must have passed and turn to apologize, but he shakes his head softly, "She's in a better place now."

I stare at her face for a few moments longer before Jungkook breaks it, "She was kind of a mom to me."

I look to him and he's sitting on the bed, looking past me. "You can change, I won't look." He says. I feel weird to change with him still in the room, but I believed that he wasn't going to pull any tricks on me.

He turns around while I strip from the floured shirt while he continues talking. "Jin is 6 years older than me." That many? Jin didn't look that much older.

"My mom died after giving birth to me and my dad was already out of the picture from the start. Jin's mom and mine were close friends so once I was born, I went to her and was basically raised by her. Jin was-" He pauses, "is my brother. I guess not by blood, but that doesn't matter to us."

I walk towards Jungkook with a clean shirt on my body. "We all grew up together, the seven of us guys. When it felt like we were stranded, we were there for each other. We argue and fight, like most families, and we may seem to be a bunch of jerks, but we've never had someone to guide us along. Jin's mom died three years ago, and our," He thinks for a moment and shifts to face me, where I am now to his left. "our working thing was getting bigger, so we did a lot of regretful things because of it. Greif is really powerful, not as powerful as Tae's or Yoongi's, but still. We all went through bad things in our lives, too young when most of it happened. It shaped us into who we are today. I'm not religious, but I pray that God can forgive us for who we've hurt." He looks over to me, his eyes bugging at me.

I'm not sure what to do so I reach out and hug him, to which he immediately accepts. What bad things have they done? Am I in danger? What's their work? The many questions are spinning in my head, but I don't find it to be the right time to ask any of them.

Jungkook releases and the tears that were once there are impossible to know that they were there before. "I'm sorry for piling that on you. You seem quite trusting, especially since Jin seems to be okay with you touching his food." He says smiling. As young as Jungkook appears, in his dark beautiful eyes, you can see the pain and tragedy that he went through.

"I wonder if the food's almost done, come on." Jungkook says, reaching his hand to me. He gives me a reassuring smile, but I can still feel the hesitation from his actions towards me, like he's afraid to get too close. What did I get myself into?