28| Childish

Y/n POV

Jin and I walk into his workplace and suddenly things start to come back to me, the dying flowers and the talk Jimin and I had before, the tall secretary, Yoongi and I's kiss at his house, Jungkook and I's kiss here... Ugh what am I doing?

"Do you remember when you had it last?" Seokjin asks and I close my eyes to try to think.

"You're cute," Jin says laughing, breaking my thought and I open my eyes to glare at him, "Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He still laughs though.

I close my eyes again and try to remember when was the last time I had my phone, but nothing comes to mind, so I shake my head 'no'.

"I mean we can look around, maybe someone's see it around." He shrugs and I nod, hopeful that maybe we'll get something out of it.

"Let's go upstairs since that's where you went with Namjoon right?" He asks, walking to the elevator.

My heart sinks when reminded of Namjoon, he made me nervous and not in a cute butterflies in the stomach way.

"Y/n?" Jin asks and I realized I've spaced out and he's standing patiently waiting for me on the elevator, "Oh right, sorry."

I step beside him as he presses the button for the floor and I stare up at the numbers changing as we pass each floor.

"If you don't find your phone, I'll buy you a new one." Jin says from beside me.

"What? You're kidding right? Don't get my hopes up like that." I look at him, but his face is serious.

"I'm not kidding. You're one of my closest friends besides the boys,"

"We've known each other for less than less than month, Jin. That doesn't mean you could go and buy a phone for my irresponsibility." I sigh, he was testing my patience, I could feel it.

"That's a long time to me, besides it's not like money is an issue for me, babes." He nudges me and I look down, "No."

The elevator dings and we both step off, he leads me to Namjoon's office and I take a breath, "If you don't want to go in, I can just ask if he's seen it. It's no big deal, Y/n." Jin offers, but I shake my head. I have to do this, I can't run away when things get hard like my dad always did.

First Jin knocks and we wait for Joon to give us the 'okay' to enter. He's sitting at his desk with papers scrambled across, but he doesn't look too bothered of the mess.

"Hi Y/n, are you feeling better?" Namjoon asks, his tone feels kinder than it did yesterday.

"Slightly, I wasn't too well this morning, but I'm getting there. Anyways, the reason I'm here is because I lost my phone. If it's not too much of a burden, I just wanted to know if you've seen it or know where it might be." I try my best to sound as polite as I can.

"I have not, but I will have someone on the lookout for it. If it still doesn't turn up I don't mind buying you a new one." He offers and I burst out laughing, both the men forced to look at each other then me with confused faces.

"What's up with you guys offering to spend your money for me? I can support myself just fine and I don't need your money." I explain once I could catch my breath.

"I wasn't offering because I thought you couldn't!" Jin jumps in, "I just thought since it was our fault you went to the nightclub last night, I could just buy you a new one. Besides, you can just think of it as a birthday present that was due yesterday." He explains and I smile at his rushed words.

"I just think that it was my phone-" Before I can argue any further a voice cuts me off.

"Just accept the damn phone already." I turn around and it's a crossed armed Taehyung who looks annoyed.

"Excuse me?" I feel thrown off for his intrusion.

"They're both offering you a fucking phone when you were the one who lost yours. Just take it and say 'thank you' instead of trying to act all high and mighty with 'I can't accept your phone because of morals' bullshit." My mouth drops open while looking at him curse me out.

"Close that mouth before you catch flies." He smirks at me, stepping closer to close my mouth but I grab his hand, "Get better material Taetae." I say back, trying to hold back my pissed off face, but he gives no effort to hide his.

"Can you two stop?" Namjoon says, breaking the angry tension to annoyance instead.

"Sorry," We both say as if we were scolded like children.

Jin from my left burst out laughing a horse-like laugh and we all look at him, "What's going on? Why does it feel like I've returned to middle school?" He say and I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"What time do you have to go to work tonight?" Namjoon asks, ignoring Seokjin.

"8-ish, are you guys going to be coming tonight as well?" I ask and he thinks for a moment.

"Not tonight I think, we will be busy here and won't leave until late." He explains and I nod my head understanding. What would they be busy with? It's not like they do any actual work here.

"Aw, I wanted to see Y/n bending over and serve me." Taehyung says, and I turn to hit him. With Taehyung, I become immediately childish and it shows.

"Well I should be off. If you guys see my phone please let me know," Then I realize I wouldn't know without a phone, "by going to my house?"

Tae grabs my arm roughly and starts dragging me out the door, the others say goodbye, but I'm more than confused.

"What are you doing?" I slap his arm, but he doesn't let go.

"I'm getting you a phone dummy then I'll drop you off at your house."

*

*

*

A/N

Hey!! I'm going to be changing the name of this story, 'Drinks Affair' was initially a filler title, but since this has been getting popular I wanted to put a stable name for it that accurately represents it. So if you have any ideas for title names I'll definitely consider them!! Thank you again!!!

-Melanie