Things I'll Never Say

Marinette wasn't sure when the notes started appearing. The day had been otherwise unremarkable, and she had thought that the note had made its way into the wrong locker. It was only a sentence and had no indication about who it was from and who it was for. The fact that it was typed got rid of checking the handwriting, so Marinette couldn't even trace the sender that way.

Still, she was sure it had been an error, so she quickly forgot about it.

Then the second note showed up in her locker a few days after the first. She still shook it off, figuring that they had the wrong locker or something like that.

The fifth note banned that thought from her mind.

While the first four were simple compliments, this one was actually addressed to her.

'Marinette,

I love your laugh and how it makes my heart flutter.'

She flushed as she read it. So the past four notes had truly been for her. Darn it, Chat Noir had won the bet.

They had their joint patrol last night and Ladybug had decided to tell him about the notes. It wasn't anything too identity revealing, after all she hadn't told anyone about the notes and he couldn't possibly be the one giving them to her. He had told her that the notes were definitely for her and she bet him pastries that they weren't.

"Ooo, what's that?" Alya grabbed the note out of Marinette's hands. She gasped. "Girl! It looks like you've got a secret admirer. How long have these been going on?"

"Um, a few weeks now? I honestly thought that they were meant for someone else when I first got them."

"There's more?" Alya asked. "Can I see them?"

"I mean, sure." Marinette pulled out the folder that she had been keeping the notes in.

'I love your smile and how it can brighten up the room.'

'I love your kindness and how you are always willing to help others.'

'I love your determination and how you never give up.'

'I love your creativity and how you give your all into your passions.'

"And then the note today." She said.

"Do you have any idea about who's sending them?" Alya asked once she was done reading. Marinette shook her head.

"Nope. Believe me, I wish I did."

"It looks to me that whoever is sending these is madly in love with you." Alya grinned.

Marinette's face flushed and her heart sped up, her mind picturing a blond boy sneaking the notes into her locker. However, that was impossible.

"Maybe. Or they're just being nice." Alya scoffed.

"Nobody does this just to be nice, Mare."

"You mean, compliment someone?" As much as Marinette wanted to believe that someone was interested in her, she knew better than to count her chickens before they hatch.

"But if it was just a friendly complement, why would they be keeping it a secret?" Alya asked. Marinette shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe they're embarrassed or something?"

"It seems a lot more likely for them to be crushing on you."

"Maybe." Marinette hummed.

"Most definitely." Alya nodded as they entered the classroom. "Guys, you'll never believe it." Alya told Nino and Adrien and her and Marinette took their seats.