Give Them Pumpkin To Talk About

Adrien was bouncing on the balls of his feet as he knocked on the door of Alya's apartment.

"Adrien! You're here!" Alya opened up the door. "Great! We're in the middle of preparations and we could really use your help."

Adrien walked into the apartment and saw Alya's mother and father working on snacks in the kitchen. Ella, Etta, and Nora were hanging up fake spider webs around the living room and in the middle of it all was Nino and Marinette, carving out pumpkins.

"Guess who decided to finally show up?" Alya teased.

"Hey guys!" Adrien waved to them.

"Sup bro?"

"Hey Adrien."

"Alright, grab a pumpkin and start cleaning out the guts." Alya directed him, nodding towards the table. Adrien picked up a pumpkin, unsure.

Back when his mom was still around, they would go to a pumpkin patch outside of Paris to join in the festivities, but these past few years his father had either made him attend the Agreste Halloween Gala or made him stay inside the house. This was his first Halloween doing pretty much any of the normal traditions, and it was all thanks to Marinette.

She had come up with the genius plan to tell his father that they had to meet up at Alya's place for a group project studying the different Halloween traditions and their origins. And what better way to study something than to actively do it?

"Alya, don't confuse him." Marinette walked over to him and shot him a smile. "Have you ever carved a pumpkin before?" She asked him. He shook his head, staring at the ensemble she was in that he somehow hadn't realized she was wearing until know.

Did she have any idea what she was doing to him?

"What?" She smirked. "Cat got your tongue?" She asked, ringing the bell on her neck.

Oh she knew alright.

He playfully scowled at her. "I didn't know you were such a fan of Chat Noir, Marinette."

"Well, Alya has been insisting for years now for me to go as Chat Noir for Halloween and I decided that this year would be the purrfect year to do so." She batted her eyes innocently. She wasn't.

"Any particular reason?" He asked, fighting the dryness in his throat.

"Nope."

Liar.

"Now, do you want any help in learning how to carve a pumpkin?" He blushed sheepishly, even though he knew she wouldn't judge him.

"Could you?" She gave him a soft smile that made his heart fumble.

Oh, he had it bad.

"Of course Adrien. The first thing that you want to do is take a knife and cut off the top."

Marinette handed him a knife and he placed it over the top of the pumpkin. Then he started to saw straight down, biting his lip in concentration. Marinette snorted.

"Not like that you dork, here let me show you." She placed her hand over his and walked so close to him that he could feel her breath on his shoulder. She really was going to murder him one of these days. "See, you're supposed to angle it." He nodded as if he was focused on her words and not the fact that she was practically whispering in his ear.

"I-i see." Marinette smiled brightly and they continued to saw together, the scent of her pumpkin spice perfume surrounding them.

"And then," Marinette grabbed the stem of the pumpkin and ripped the top off. "We clean the insides! Go and take it to where Nino is, with the newspapers." Adrien nodded and went to sit next to Nino.