Twelve Days of Christmas: Six Christmas Parties

Marinette bit back a yawn as she tried to look interested in whatever Monsieur Dubois was telling her. Probably something or other on how to run a successful business.

"You're very talented, Mlle. Cheng, I'm sure you will do the Sabine brand justice." He told her, giving her a smile. She returned with a fake one.

"I certainly hope so, business has never really been my thing." Marinette had no qualms with working for her mother, she just didn't want to go to the business side of things. She wanted to be on the designing side of things.

"Well I am sure Mme. Cheng will have only the best for her daughter."

"Of course." Marinette tried hard not to let the grin go.

When would her mother see that the best for her daughter was letting her design freely?

Probably never. Her father had been the one to deal with the designs while her mother created them. Once her father had disappeared, Sabine Cheng had sworn off designing for her daughter and had turned it over to the company.

"Now I do believe that Mme. Dubois is waving me over, and I can't upset the wife."

"Happy wife happy life." Marinette told him.

"It was great talking with you Mlle. Cheng. I hope that we can catch up more about business opportunities. Remember that I'm one call away!"

"I'll keep that in mind." Marinette told him, knowing full well that he wasn't "one call away". Marinette couldn't help but breathe out a sigh of relief as he walked away.

She was normally a very extroverted person, but talking to these people only drained her.

They were obviously faking any interest in talking to her, just trying to get to her mother. She was sick and tired of it. She needed some air, a place where some can't find her. She spotted a door leading out to a balcony upstairs.

'Bingo.' She thought and quietly snuck away.

The fresh air hit her cheeks and she breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Hey purrincess." A voice greeted her after a few minutes of her staring out to the horizon.

"Eek!" She shrieked, flailing in her mint green dress. She was never a huge fan of mint green on herself. She would much rather be wearing lime, like the eyes of the boy standing in front of her.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you Marinette." Chat Noir moved over to her.

"Well, maybe don't sneak up on me next time." She said, placing her hand on her heart.

"So, you're saying there will be a next time?" Chat Noir wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Well, considering that you just showed up outside my window one day and haven't stopped bugging me yet." Marinette told him, a blush on her cheeks.

"Because I'm meowvelous company."

Marinette just shook her head. Why was she in love with this dork again?

"Are you okay? I know how much these banquets bug you."

Oh right, that's why.

"I'm fine, thank you for wondering."

"Well, you didn't seem fine while talking to Monsieur Mustache earlier."

"Were you stalking me?" Marinette asked teasingly.

"W-what? Of course not! I was just passing by and realized that you had your model smile on and you could use someone to talk to."

"Thanks Chat." Marinette murmured. "I just hate these banquets so much. They're full of people who only want to use me. One time a man kept me talking for an hour before I realized he only wanted me to hook him up with my mother." She scoffed.