help me if you can, i'm feeling down (and i do appreciate you being around)

It's funny, because this was my original idea for the Treating Wounds one-shot for my Adrienette April series, but I went with another idea that despite not fitting the vibe of the series, I liked better. So it's pretty much the exact opposite of what happened with the Paparazzi and the Flashing Lights one-shots. Anyway, I hope you guys like it!                                                                                                                   -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So let me get this straight," Marinette began, crossing her arms and glaring at the boy seated on her chaise. "Knowing that the cure isn't foolproof, and knowing how incredibly dangerous akumas are to civilians, you still decided to go rushing into battle with the akuma without being suited up?"

"Yeah..." Adrien said, staring at the ground sheepishly.

"Adrien, Adrien, Adrien," Marinette shook her head. "One of these days, you're going to give me a heart attack."

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Let me get a washcloth." Marinette sighed. Adrien brightened immediately.

"Thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah, well, you're my partner. I'm supposed to take care of you after all." She winked.

"And I'm supposed to take care of you, too. That's why I couldn't just stand there! They were about to hit you and it would've been you with these injuries. If not worse because I know the cure is the weakest on you."

"But Adrien, you almost broke your ribs! What would've happened if you couldn't have transformed?"

"You would've gotten someone else. You have before."

"But they wouldn't be you." Marinette said quietly, turning around with the washcloth in hand. "You're irreplaceable to me, kitty. I may have other heroes to call on, but they wouldn't be you. You're my partner and the one who's been there since the beginning. You're my Chat Noir."

"And you're my lady." Adrien said, just as soft, making a small smile appear on Marinette's face as she began to clean his wound.

They had revealed their identities a few months back, after Marinette had witnessed her partner almost getting akumatized. It was ironic, really, she had kept him out of the loop to prevent him from getting akumatized, but that in turn only added to the negative emotions he was feeling which lead to a purple butterfly coming after him.

Since then, Marinette swore to never make her partner feel that way again. So, she told him everything. Including her identity.

Needless to say, things between them had been a lot better since then.

Of course, Marinette still hadn't told him how she felt. She had been trying her hardest to pull the reins on her crush before the identity reveal. The fact that Chat Noir had begun to weasel his way into her heart helped a lot with it. But then, Adrien just had to go and be Chat Noir! As if he couldn't be even more perfect for her, he just had to be her amazing partner too.

And being with him would be a literal dream come true. She could picture it all so clearly. He had been in love with her before! Maybe, just maybe, he could fall for her again? He had started to flirt more with her since the identity reveal. Could it be possible that he still loved her? That they could be something?

But Marinette couldn't take that risk.

Being the Guardian was her priority. It was easier now than in the beginning, yes, but it was still overwhelming. She couldn't focus on her love life while ShadowMoth was still out there, attacking her friends! What type of Ladybug would she be if she put her wants over the needs of Paris? A selfish one, that's what.