Beta Read

For PawsomePossum!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you had told her four months ago that Marinette Dupain-Cheng had started writing fanfiction about the heroes of Paris she would've laughed in your face. Now that it was her reality, it was a lot less funny.

She blamed Alya for it all. She had started writing LadyNoir fanfiction and had put it on her blog. Marinette being one half of the duo was less than enthused. She got it, people shipped her and Chat Noir, but she had heard enough LadyNoir to last her a lifetime, thank you very much.

So, she had tried to get Alya to stop writing fanfiction, but Alya just waved her off. She claimed that because Marinette didn't write fanfiction herself, she didn't understand what it was like to try and stop. Apparently, it was rather addicting especially when it was about your OTP. Marinette had scoffed, but after a week of Alya practically begging her to read one LadyNoir fanfiction or another, she had snapped.

Marinette asked Alya what she could possibly do to get Alya to stop talking about it. She said that Alya wouldn't have to give up writing or anything, she would only have to stop pestering Marinette. Alya smirked and then told her to try fanfiction for herself. Marinette only needed to write one and submit it to her blog and Alya would stop bugging. She wouldn't even need to put her actual name. Marinette, desperate to get a bit of peace, had begrudgingly agreed.

So fanfiction writer SpottingLucky was born. Marinette had spent hours one night writing down a 3,000 word fanfiction of Ladybug, Chat Noir, Rena Rouge, and Carapace all hanging out and just being friends together. She had tagged Renapace as the only relationship and the rest as friendships. Then, she submitted it to the Ladyblog.

She thought that would be the end of it, she really did! But then Alya had said it was her favorite Renapace fanfiction and it blew up. Marinette supposed that writing Rena Rouge and Carapace so accurately was probably the reason Alya had marked it as one of her favorites. If she had been smart she would've made them act at least a little bit out of character, but she hadn't. She supposed that maybe it was because Marinette was often fed up with people making her and Chat Noir out of character, even if it was only because they didn't really know the heroes. She didn't want to have Alya feel the same way, although it would've really given her a taste of her own medicine.

So then, Marinette had agreed to post the fanfiction to Archive of Our Own and those who had come from the Ladyblog made it boom with popularity. Soon, fans were asking for Marinette to write more. Marinette had gotten so much praise, she really didn't know what to do with it. Perhaps writing had been a hidden talent of hers, she had always enjoyed it after all, but writing fanfiction?

It was definitely something Marinette had never considered. She had only read a very select few in her time and hadn't even thought about writing one. But here she was! Quickly gaining popularity after only one story. People wanted more of her version of the heroes Paris idolized.

Still, she tried not to give in to the temptation of writing more. Chat Noir would never let it go and neither would Alya. She had replied to all the comments on the Ladyblog and AO3, but then logged out of her account and had thought it was over. Even if her one-shot had gotten more attention than she had ever really thought about. Even if writing about her hero friends made her feel better about being Ladybug. That it wasn't all just pressure and being perfect, being a hero was fun too! Even if it helped her not feel so alone with her duties always piling up, making her incredibly busy. She would not write more! She was adamant!

She wrote more.

It was the day that Lila had yet again painted a negative light on her, claiming that Marinette was at her and Adrien's latest photo shoot and accused her of stalking him.