Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

-------------------------

I slam a book down on the table in front of Noi. We're in the study within the Daemos' addition to Ava's apartment. It's finally time for the truth to be laid out, despite me not being fully ready to dive into my past. I point to the book, and a very confused Noi winces at my raised tone when I speaks.

"You see this?? Do you see this?"

Noi glances down at the book quickly, then back up at me.

"It's... a book."

"Yeah, it is. But it's not just any book. This is the Libro Divinum Terreni. The same book that ruined my life."

"But you're still alive."

"What?"

"You said it ruined your life. How could it when you're still alive?"

"It's a figure of speech, Noi."

"What's that...?"

I sigh, deadpanning. "Nevermind. I'll just rephrase it."

I huff, crossing my arms.

"This book has caused me much pain--"

"But it's just a --"

"Oh my fricking gods, you know what? Let me explain this to you. Pain can be inflicted more than one way. There are things that can be worse than dying."

"Elaborate."

I sigh, "Last night I told you that I'm Daemos, right?"

Noi gives a subtle nod, and I continue, "Well, I'm in no way a Daemos from your era. From what I've learned, there's a massive time difference between Daemos and Earth."

"OK...." Noi hums.

Don't be deceived. He has many, many questions. (He's just a tad afraid to interrupt.)

So, he doesn't. And I continue.

"I've been gone... Uhh, for about 1824 years."

"1824 years? How are you still alive??"

"Because I ran here, to Earth, 6 years ago, Earth time. There's a time difference between Earth and Daemos, where 1 day here is 1 month there."

"Whoa! That makes you older than Lady Grandma!"

"Are you calling me old?" I glare.

He tenses, "No, no! Continue!"

"When I still was on Daemos I found this book, which holds a lot of important spells and information. Like-- really sacred and classified topics. Turns out the royals at the time thought I stole it and then they started coming after me. So, I sacrificed a soul to come here. When I met Ava, I used magic on her to make her believe that I was her cousin."

"Why would you do that?"

"Same reason you five took her as a prisoner. I needed a guide. Though, unlike you, I managed to be a little more discreet about it."

Then again, I don't know how discreet they could've been in such foreign clothes, and the way they were when they showed up. I bet it was a complete disaster.

But I've been there, too. I know the pain.

I sigh, "Anyways, that's about everything I can remember. Any questions?"

"Wait, how do you know that you've been gone... so long?"

"Well.... About four years ago I tried making contact with Daemos again. That's when I made direct contact with Lady Grandma. By then, many years had passed there, and the rulers who had once wanted me dead... were dead themselves. That was about the time Lady Grandma was coming into power."

"Wow.... That was a long time ago..."

"You don't have to tell me." I joke.

Noi chuckles as I nudge into him. He lowers his gaze to the floor.

"So, what's your plan?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... what're you going to do next?"

His question catches me off guard.

What AM I going to do?

I chuckle, brushing my bangs out of my face.

"I . . . don't know. Maybe it's time I went back... I mean, I've been gone for 1824 years. Everyone I know would be dead by now. (Which I honestly don't mind, since they were asshats.)"

"You know. You might be able to come back with us."

I look into Noi's shimmering eyes, "You wouldn't mind?"

"I wouldn't."

Noi glances down at my hand, then back at me.

"(Y/n)?"

"...Yeah?"

He hesitates, "Do you like me?"

"W-what? Where's this coming from?"

"You did press your lips against mine. Ava calls it a... kiss. She says that when two humans kiss, it's supposed to mean something special-- that they both... love each other," He pauses, "Does that mean you love me?"

"I-- uh..."

I stare into his eyes, as they seem to be filled with longing and curiosity. I give a sigh of defeat.

"I think so."

"Is that even possible? Can Daemos learn to love?"

"Ah, that's an easy one. Noi, I've spent 6 years on Earth, and I've grown to love so many things. So, if I can learn to love manga and pocky,--"

"What's that?"

I chuckle, skipping over his question, "If I can learn to love things here on Earth, I don't see why Daemos can't learn to love each other."

Realizing what I've said, I hum a note of disinterest, "Wow, that was super sappy."

Noi reaches for my hand, taking it in his.

"(Y/n)? Will you teach me how to love you?"

I blush immensely, "O-of course. It shouldn't be that hard. Right?"

"I guess not. So... How do we start? By k-kissing?"

"Wha?? No. We can work up to that."

"Then, what?"

I bite my lip, "We could try a date! Yeah, a date."

"What's a date?"

"Ugh. Maybe this will be harder than it seems."

I lean my head on Noi's shoulder.

"But at least we'll walk down this path together." 

---------------------
Author's Notes:

ZeeZee: Well then. Hope you enjoyed this! I don't really know what to say other than we're (semi) back. We'll TRY to keep up with this story again, but no promises. ALSO.

CONGRATULATIONS  for being the first to make us laugh with your comment! This chapter is dedicated to you!

Valby: WE'RE ALIVE! We had to take a quick trip to Hell and come back; we had to get some bomb food. Also, I missed these boys, that's all.

Stay mischievous! We out!