Chapter 5

Chapter Five

----This Chapter is called : Breakfast Ban-----

(@ ̄¬ ̄@)

XXX

It takes a little while for our food to get ordered, but after we've ordered, we sit around our booth playing 'human games'. Games like 'I-Spy' (BORING), and 'Guess The Animal'. You know, really childish games. But, it was kinda cute whenever one of us would guess Rhys' animal. He was all "ARE YOU READING MY MIIIND????"

Fricking adorable.

And Noi rocks at I-Spy. Like, for real. He glances round once and finds the 'turquoise - maroon' color. I was very confused on that round. I'm no genius, just saying. Hah.

I see our waitress behind the counter pick up a large tray of plates and start walking our way. I nudge Ava in the arm and smile widely.

Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes, pancakes! YEAH!!! PANCAKES!!!

"Uhhh, what's wrong with Sorceress Juliet?" Asks Pierce.

"Yeah, she looks... crazy."

I snap my head in Leif's direction, glaring into his soul.

How DARE he disrespect my Pancakes excitement?!

FOR SHAME!!

Dishonour.

The waitress gets over here and starts passing around the pancakes. I eagerly take my fork and knife and start cutting the stacks into corners. As I look up, after the waitress leaves us, I see the boys staring at the pancakes before them skeptically.

Ava is too busy stuffing her gob to notice.

"What's the matter, guys? Aren't you going to eat your stacks?"

"I thought they were called paun- cacas?" Asks Rhys.

I chuckle.

"They're called PAN-CAKES, Rhys, and I don't understand why you're not devouring these delicious bebes."

"We're just a little... Cautious, that's all."

"Why?"

"Because where we come from any food could kill you. Be it poisonous, rotten, infected, the list goes on." Admits Leif.

"Trust me. You don't have to worry about that here. So, dig in!"

The boys all look up and stare at me.

"... Can we trust her word?" Whispers Noi to Asch.

Each of them look to Asch.

The hot-head looks down at the pancakes and gulps.

"I suppose so. If Sorceress Ava trusts her, I guess we can too."

"Prove it." Leif edges.

"Why me?"

"Because if you die, I get to be the leader. Now do it."

Asch scoffs and picks up his fork.

How does he know how to use a fork if they're not from earth?

....
Meh, who knows.

He picks up a whole pancake with the fork and takes a side nom into the food. Not very mannerly but still, it works. His face lights up with pure enjoyment. He goes in for another bite, then another, and so on.

The guys see his happy reaction to the pancake taste and look down at theri plates.

"I guess it's good." Says Pierce.