Chapter 3

---No one's PoV---

---The Middle of the Night---

--- IN the Living Room---

XXX

"She's weirder than the prisoner." Slumps Asch.

"Maybe, but based on our experiences with her today, I think it's safe to say that this human may be stronger than Sorceress Ava." Declares Rhys.

"Maybe." Leif pauses,

"Can I kill her?"

"No." Answers Noi, swiftly.

I bet you're probably a little confused right now, reader. Let me paint the picture for you.

Currently, the five Daemos are huddled over the couch, watching Juliet as she sleeps. Truth be told, none of them could sleep. Too much unnecessary paranoia, thinking that she may kill them in the middle of the night. Unnecessary, but still there.

"Well, what do we do?" Asks Noi.

"Are we going to take her prisoner too?"

All eyes land on Asch. He looks down at Juliet and ponders for a moment. If they were to get her on their side, then they would have a (probably) powerful ally. Another strong sorceress to fight for them.

Asch can't deny it; the thought of that does sound nice. However, he really doesn't want to keep another annoying human female. (In other words, he's still mad about earlier. With the flowerpot.)

"I say we keep her." Votes Noi.

"As do I."

This surprises Lief, Asch and Pierce. They were about to ignore Noi's input, as usual, but for Rhys to agree with him? Uncommon.

"Why should we, though? It's just going to be more annoying shouting." Leif grumps.

"If we manage to convince the new female that we are of no threat to her, or this world, then we can gain her trust, right?"

The others nod, listening to what Noi has to say.... For once.

"Well, if she trusts us, then we can control her to our every need! Easy!!"

"Mind control??"

"I think Noi means in the terms of manipulation. Not actual mind control."

"Stupid Leif!!"

"Shut up, Asch!!"

"What did you say to me?"

A shadow casts over Asch's face, his smile the only thing made out in the dark room.

Leif scoff-laughs and draws his daggers.

"Fine. If you want a fight, I'll give you a fight!!"

Rhys sighs as Leif lunges forward at the prince silently.

"This is getting frustrating." He grumbles.

"Agreed."

Pierce steps in between the two hot-heads right before they collide. He pulls them both into a headlock until they calm down.

"Oi! Let go, Pierce!!" Hisses Asch.

"Let me kick Asch's butt!!"

"No."

Noi looks back at Juliet and studies her sleeping figure. He starts to notice the freckles on her face, the rate of her breathing. Then, he realizes that his staring is a bit weird, and looks away blushing. He looks over to see Asch and Leif still quarreling and making faces at each other.