Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12:

----------------

Everyone's gathered around in the main apartment. Asch and Lief are currently watching Socky the Sock Puppet. Rhys is reading one of Ava's books and Pierce is ... napping while standing. (Still, kind of impressive.)

I get off the phone, having just ordered a pizza, and plop down on the other end of the couch from Asch and Lief. Noi springs up next to me and plops down, leaving practically no space between us. In fact, he's just sitting in my lap. Lief nudges Asch and directs the prince's attention over to us.

"Umm..." He mutters.

I meet his gaze and tilt my head.

"Can I help you?"

"Why are you two sitting so close? Aren't you uncomfortable?" Lief brings up.

Noi shakes his head. "Not really. . ."

"Someone as powerful as you shouldn't be sitting so close to a runt like him. You're too good for him."

I click my tongue, "So says you."

"Pardon?" Asch grumps.

"Want me to say it again, highness?" I remark.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have bloody well asked!"

"Fine! But let me have the chance of 'rephrasing' it. I think you're a snobby little--"

"(Y/n)--- I mean, Juliett." Noi slips.

"(Y/n)?" Asch chuckles, mockingly, "Who's that?"

"It's... a nickname." I lie.

"Sure. Uh-huh."

As usual, eavesdropper Rhys buds in.

"If you ask me, it sounds more like a pet name."

"What?! Don't be ridiculous."

"Ok, then, '(Y/n)', who refers to you as it? Hmm?"

"Me." Noi squeaks out.

"WHAT?" Asch booms.

"SHHH!! You'll wake up Ava!"

"She's probably already awake, considering how loud you all are." Pierce comments-- now apparently awake.

Why must these hotties all intrude on my privacy? Guess it's doomed to happen considering they're Daemos and don't understand the concept of personal boundaries.

I sigh. Noi snuggles up to me, looking at Asch-- as if to somehow piss him off more. And it's working. Asch's face is bright beaming red, full of rage.

"Noi, I command you to get off of the Sorceress. Right now."

"No." I cut in.

"This is for the best, Juliet!!"

"Says you!!! You don't know what's best for me! Only I know what's best for me!!"

"You stubborn little--"

"Bring it on!!!"

Asch growls and stands up, summoning his fire.

"I will not tolerate this disrespect!!"

And then he fires a blast at a lamp beside me and Noi.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"

And then the doorbell rings.