Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14:

--------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV

---

I'm sitting in the living room, tapping away on my phone, when Noi suddenly bounds around to my side. I look up and see that we're actually alone for once. He reaches his hand up and pokes my head.

"Do you have horns?"

I chuckle, "Yes, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know-- I just thought humans might have severed them from your head when you first got here. We saw that once."

I look at him suddenly, very confused.

"Wait, where did you see that?"

"Here on E-arth."

"Ummm.... I don't think you did?"

"But we did! Really! They were talking about something weird, and then they just took off their horns!!"

I think about it really hard for a minute.

And I realize that there was a convention around here a few weeks ago.

"Ohhh, you must've seen --- okay. I get it now."

"O...Okay." He smiles, "So can I see your horns?"

I blush.

"P-pardon?"

"You said you had horns, but I've never seen them, so I'm interested!"

"Noi... You're basically asking to see the Daemos equivalent of a woman's boobs."

He blushes immensely.

"I didn't-- N-no, it's not like-- that's not what I meant!!"

I turn my body around on the couch to face him fully, giving him a teasing smirk.

"Oh, suuure. But let me ask you this-- now knowing what that means, do you still want to see my horns?"

He covers his face with his hand, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"No! Well, actually, kind of... But I'd understand if you won't let me now!!"

I burst out into a fit of laughter, making Noi peek through his fingers, confused.

"Oh, you're so precious, Noi. Of course, you've passed my test. You can see my horns."

"R-Really?"

"What horns?" Asks a sudden voice.

Our heads quickly spin around to see Asch-- as well as Rhys and Lief -- standing outside of their port entrance.

I gulp, rising to my feet by instinct.

"A-Asch!"

"What are you two talking about?" He barks.

"J-just talking! That's all!" Noi sweats.

"Nothing really that interesting."

"You two have been spending quite some time together... Why?"

Asch sets a glare on the two of us and Rhys squints our way, probably suspicious.

"I don't see how that's any of your concern." I snip back.

"Because Noi, along with all the others here, are my men. You could be mind-washing with him for all I know! Interfering with our plans!"

"How am I interfering? And what plans? Besides, you're the one being nosey!"