Chapter 6

🔱🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🔱

Chapter Six:

Enjoy!

🔱🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🔱

We finally find Ava trying to comfort Noi at the park about 20 blocks away from the restaurant, both of them sitting on the swings. Leif and Asch are still unconscious, being carried + dragged by Pierce and Rhys. Gently, we approach Noi and Ava on the swings. I should probably find time to apologize to Noi later. I… haven’t exactly been the sweetest or easiest to approach lately. Not to mention this is the second time I’ve made him panic.

I feel really bad. 

(So it’s settled. I’ll apologize to him later.)

Ava looks up and sees us coming up to them. 

She kinda glares at me and subtly gestures to Noi. I send an apologetic look her way. She rolls her eyes and pats Noi on the back. Noi looks up and the instant that he sees me, his face turns pale. My heart wrenches by his natural reaction.

I sigh deeply and say,

“We should head home. Before Asch or Leif wake up.” 

“That would be wise.” Comments Rhys.

“Yes.” Pierce nods.

Ava slumps her shoulders and stands up, helping Noi onto his trembling feet. His body is stiff, and it only makes me feel WORSE. Well, I’m going to start going over an apology thing in my head now. We start to leave the park and head home. Rhys walks beside me. 

“Can I ask you something, Lady Juliet?” 

“Ask away.” 

“Where did you learn to use combat? The way you fought Asch and Leif is unlike any form of combat I’ve ever seen. You didn’t even need the use of any weapons. It’s very intriguing.”

I snicker under my breath,

“I guess I’ve adapted my fighting stuff from multiple things. I used to take Judo classes, which are a japanese fighting style. I also learned Taekwondo when I was seven. And in highschool, I got into a lot of fights. Fights that didn’t have time for my full proper moves. So, I kinda just blended them into my own style over time.”

Rhys blinks at me, an expression of amazement on his face. 

“Fascinating.” He grins.

I chuckle and we keep walking and talking.

🔱🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🔱
(Time / Skip)

(Home)

🔱🏮🏮🏮🏮🏮🔱

We all come into the living space, exhausted from going out. With everything that happened, I just want to chill out for the rest of the day. The time is 4: 57 pm right now and the first thing I do once we’re inside is go over to the couch and faceplant into the cushions.

Rhys and Pierce drop their commerads down to the floor. Both of them hit the ground with a bit of a thud. I feel so exhausted. Not to mention I’m going to have to pay off my car now. 

Well, I guess the good news is that they got what was coming to them. So, I’ll try to go easy on them when they wake up. I look up to see Rhys plop onto a chair across from me. Rhys takes a deep breath and lets it out. Looks like I’m not the only one that’s exhausted.

Pierce comes and stands next to Rhys’ chair. The both of us look at him and he says,

“I’m going to retire for the night.”