Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen.

I hold Noi's hand as we walk down the city streets, admiring all the bright shining lights. We walk into the rollerblading rink together and approach the miserable looking woman at the front counter.

"Two pairs, please." I request.

She gruffs a note and asks what size skates we'll need. I guess for Noi's size and tell her mine. She fetches them and I pay the toll to get into the rink. I guide Noi over to the benches and sit him down.

"Ok, Noi. These shoes are called rollerskates."

I hand him his pair.

"Why are there wheels on the bottom of the shoes?" He asks, rotating one of the spinners.

"For fun... I guess. OK, I'll help you put on your pair after I put on mine. Then, we'll go out there," I point to the rink, "And skate."

"Why? It's just a circle."

"It's fun. And kind of challenging."

"Really?"

"If you get good at it, maybe you'll be better at it than the others!"

Noi lights up, "Let's do it!"

I slip on my shoes and then help Noi into his. Then, we carefully stand up and I inch myself forward, going closer to the rink. As soon as Noi stands up, he wobbles. . . And almost falls flat on his face. I swoop in and barely catch him, and he meets my gaze, starting to laugh..I join in with his laughter and soon we're going so hard that we fall anyways.

"Ok, come on! Let's get on the floor already!!"

I help him up on the wall and we step down into the rink. As soon as we're slowly going, Noi grabs onto my arm and starts to panic.

"We're going to die, we're going to die, we are so, so dead!"

"We're fine, Noi! Look, you're doing it!"

As Noi realizes that he's not crashing and burning, he beams with excitement, still clinging to me for dear life though. I slowly and carefully ease him forward, without him realizing that he's doing it on his own more and more. I have to say, for never being introduced to skates before, he's not half bad!

Soon, I let go and he doesn't even notice. He laughs out loud, full of confidence and pride.... Until he looks for me and sees that I'm skating at a small distance behind him.

And then he crashes and burns.

He starts to flail his arms all about and it causes him to trip over his own feet. He tumbles without any grace to the floor by the wall of the rink and skids to a stop. I wince, right before I catch a fly on my own and follow in his footsteps.

Hey, I never said I was any good at this either.

I realize that I've fallen on top of him and look down past my hair and laugh. He smiles brightly, feeling past the pain and laughs along with me. I fall off of him (ouch) and grab onto the wall.

"You ok?" I ask.

He groans, "I think so."

"Good. Here, grab the wall. Hoist yourself up."

He does as I say and we cling to the wall, watching all the better skaters fly on past us. I hum a note, finding my gaze locked on his face. He's too focused on watching the other groups go by to notice me. But it makes me wonder...

"Noi?" I utter,

He doesn't look at me, still marveling at strangers' skills.

"Hmm?"

"Why did you tell the guys we were courting?"

My blunt question makes his tense, and he whips his head around to lock eyes with me. His mouth is agape ever so slightly and he's blushing.

"Well, I- I..." He sighs,

"Because... I didn't know what else to do. That and... Well, I like you..."

Hearing these words fall from his mouth surprise me-- does he really think of me as someone he holds dear? I thought I was the very culmination of his nightmares-- considering some of the things he's seen me do.

I look away, feeling sheepish and a tiny bit flustered.

"You... Like me?" I ask.

"It's stupid isn't it?" He droops.

I frown, before putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Noi, listen to me. Never let anyone tell you that you're emotions are stupid. It's a big part of being human. Feeling is not stupid."

I take a breath in, "And as for how you feel..."

My gaze drops to his lips quickly. But here is not the time-- not in front of all these people.

"Come with me." I say.

------------------------

I tug on Noi's sleeve to make him come along faster, and we finally push through the gates of the park. I drag him over to the fountain as a light drizzle of rain starts to come down. I stop in front of the water fountain -- as dazzling as it may be-- and take both of Noi's hands in my own.

He blushes as our palms touch together, and I clear my throat.

"Do you remember ... when I first told you that I was a Daemos. When we... kissed?"

"What's that?"

"You mean kissing?"

He nods, and I hum.

"It's the night when we karessed."

His blush intensifies by ten. Noi tries to avoid my gaze and I squeeze his hands under the low light of the moon and street lamps.

"Well, if you don't mind... can we start our courtship with one karess?"

He tenses.

"You mean... you'd really court with me?"

"Of course! You're better for me than I am on my own. We help each other get through. Not to mention, you just make me laugh and smile."

He chuckles softly. Noi slowly meets my gaze with a shy smile.

"Ok," He whispers.

I bat my eyes at him and slowly start to lean in. He does too, and our lips meet. I feel a spark of energy rush through me as he lets go of my hands and pulls me closer to him, hugging me. I reach up and cup his face, tilting my head to deepen the embrace.

Noi follows my lead, bringing his hands up behind my ears with his thumbs on my cheeks. My whole body's heating as I indulge in his touch, the rain drawing water trails down our faces. We pull apart, panting for air but keeping our foreheads connected.

"That was a really good kiss." I chuckle, breathless.

"Kiss... I like that word." Noi traces.

I laugh again and Noi lands a kiss on my forehead.

"You're amazing."

--------------------------

Authors notes:

ZeZee: Hallo. tWAT. (lol Im tired. It's 1 am. = leave meh be) But enjoy your two new updates :>

Valby: I'M NOT DEAD! Well, I was close to. It was either that or I fight god, so. Enjoy this emotional rollercoaster of a chapter.