Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Date Time....

XxxxX

I clap my hands together and lock the door. I've just pushed the boys out the door, after also threatening Asch about not burning the knob again to get back in. Ava is gone too, so it's just Noi and I. I wait and listen for the guy's voices to fade. Once they do, I walk back into the living room and greet Noi.

"Ok!! Ready for our date??"

"Absolutely! What is it... We're going to do?" Noi asks, so innocently.

"We're going to... make a fort!! Out of pillows and blankets."

"But, isn't that going to be easy to destroy?"

"Well, it's not technically supposed to function for war. More for fun. Now come on! Grab the cushions off the couch while I fetch the chairs."

He nods and crawls on his knees over to the couch. I rush over to the bar chairs and drag them back to the living room. Next, I clear the table and flip it, making it a window.

Let's get to work!

------------------

(Time Skip)

------------------

Once we're done, we crawl in through the entrance draped with fabric curtains. On the inside we've layered the floor with 3 different fluffy blankets, and pillows bordering the walls of the fort. The bar stools are keeping up the fort, along with the two chairs that make up the entrance. Between the two chairs are the couch cushions making the gate.

Noi squeezes next to me even though there's plenty of space, completely fascinated by our build. I bring the small digital lantern closer to us. I also pull the snacks out of my bag. Noi looks at the snacks, intrigued.

"What kind of food is that?" He asks.

First, I present the cookies. "I have Oreos, chocolate chips, and wafers."

He looks at me, still fascinated. "I have no idea what those are, but they sound good!"

I laugh, patting him on the shoulder. "They are, Noi. They definitely are."

I pull out the drinks. "I have root beer, Pepsi, and chocolate milk. After that I have pocky and some soda flavored candies."

I present everything before him and he gasps. "We get to eat all of that by ourselves?!"

"Yup. We can go crazy."

"But which one's your favorite?"

I point to the pocky immediately. "Definitely this. You know there's actually a game involving this, but I don't think we're ready for that just yet."

"I like games! I wanna play!"

I instantly feel the blush creeping on my face. "N-no. Tell you what; we can play it on our third date."

"I guess that works." He hugs my side and I slip him some pocky. He's confused by the stick shape, but I insist he tries it, so he does.

He lights up. "Mmm! This tastes good!" He bites down the rest.

"Yeah, it's my go-to snack. Perfect snack to me." I nod, biting my pocky.

"I still think pizza is amazing." He adds, munching on another one, making me laugh.

"I think you'll really like the chocolate milk, too," I say, pouring him a cup.

"This looks like milk that went bad." He sniffs the liquid in the bottle.

"I promise it's not bad milk, it's good. Just try."
He nods and takes a sip. His eyes widen and he starts chugging it.