2. Incognito, Deus Ex Machina and Me

I live in a very good family. Every neighbour and all of my teachers always say: that kid is from a very nice family.

I have heard it a million times before. It's a quite interesting topic which is worth analyzing.

Why is my family so good?

My dad married my mom at the age of 27. She happily said yes, after finishing all of her studies. Their wedding was on July 16th. The weather was nice. No rain.

They already knew that they wanted kids only after a couple years. Just as planned, after a few years I showed up. I was expected and waited, not on accident. So I guess that I'm from a good family. End of discussion.

Our private life is also calm and surprisingly relaxing. It's like a calmly flowing river without any disturbance.

Dad is a police officer and mom is a music teacher at a music shcool. Both of them are respected individuals of society. Both are busy people with many unfinished things that they have to do and both seem pleased with that.

Dad's job is hard and it needs his full attention, so he usually comes back home late. Sometimes even when me and mom are already heading to bed.

At times like that - he doesn't even talk to us. He just takes off his uniform, shoes and heads to the shower. At those nights I fall asleep while listening to the flowing water. I fail to hear how he finishes his shower and walks out of the bathroom. How he quickly goes to the kitchen and grabs something to eat before heading to bed himself.

After the night shifts he usually comes back only in the morning, somewhere around 8am. That's when I get ready to go to school. During those days his face is free of any emotions other than tiredness.

We pass eachother in the hall without saying a word to one another. I leave and he goes back to sleep once again.

He's catching thieves and bad guys, solves murder cases and all kinds of burglary cases. That's why he's so respected. All his friends call him up and want to chat. All neighbours greet him with their heads down.

When all the old ladies, that live arounds us, see him - they put their hands on their hearts and say: oh, our guardian angel is here, we can sleep safely now.

But why is he a guardian angel? Just because he goes out and comes back home with his gun?

When he stopped a drug deal with that gun and arrested the bad guys - the newspaper even wrote about it. His picture was at the front of the page. Everone read about it.

But he has a son that no one respects. A son who doesn't even have one true friend. I wonder if he knows about that...

I would like to ask him what does he even know about me. We bearly even see each other after all. He works, I study, I come home and he comes back home. Both of our shoes are placed next to each others in the hall but our time doesn't match. Our lives are different. The only thing we have in common is our last name and the same DNA.

I would like to talk with him, but I don't know about what? Just not about my grades and the exams that are waiting at the end of spring. It seems like he only cares about that.

"So, how are you doing? How much did you get on your tests?'' that's all he ever asks me.

Oh and also:

"Do you need money? Do you have any money?''

I have money. I have everything that I need: expensive shoes, newest phone, headphones, clothes, a gaming setup, a computer, a driver's license and so on. When the time comes I'll also have a car but I don't have a boyfriend. You can't buy that, can you...?