7. Dust (2.0)

He didn't get the chance to ask more questions. His eyes travelled to Hoseok's hands and he froze. Then, as fast as lightning, he grabbed Hoseok by the shoulders and smashed him against the wall.

"So it was you, you...you, fucker..."

They both fought and didn't give up. Jungkook was beyond angry. He was full of rage but Hoseok wasn't a weakling either meanwhile - I just stood there, shaking.

From the adrenaline and from worry. I couldn't believe what had happened. In the, once silent, basement, I stood and listened to their deep breaths.

They both tried to put their foot behind the other's. At some point, one of them succeeded and they were on the ground, rolling around at my feet, covered in dust.

At some point, Hoseok might've felt like he wasn't going to win and that everything will just end in a bad way so he turned and threw Jungkook's phone against the wall.

It shattered to pieces. The glass spilling everywhere with various pieces of the phone flying God knows where. For a second Jungkook stopped and listened to the sound of his phone breaking.

That was all Hoseok needed because he quickly removed his jacket and sprinted up the stairs, out of the school.

"Just you wait, you fucker..." Jungkook was furious. "Just you wait....just wait..."

His sides and back were in pain. I could clearly see that.

Must've really tried in that fight

Finally he stood up, cleaned his hands off into his jeans, slid his hand through his black hair and then he saw me.

I still stood in one place. I actually shouldn't be here, I shouldn't butt in but I'm so glad that I did.

Jungkook lowered his head and looked at the floor. He was breathing heavily and tried to catch his breath. Dust was all around us, in the air. Like a million microscopic flies, it landed on mine and his faces. It went into our noses. A whole fog of dust was around us. The air around us was dirty and made us cough often.

Despite all that, Jungkook walked closer to me. Then coughed a couple of times.

From the dust, probably.

"I didn't know that you were like this..." He said, while looking straight into my eyes. He and I were confused. I saw something in them. Something like surprise and something like adoration. Something special. But maybe I was wrong. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

"I also didn't know that you were like this" I told him straight up, while looking into his eyes.

"That son of a bitch..." He was about to start again but he cut himself off and became silent.

Maybe he sensed the hurt in my voice, or maybe it was the dust, but he couldn't take it and looked down at the floor again. He didn't know what to say next but he stood in place.

He stood there, not moving. Not knowing how to repay me. He clearly didn't know how to and felt the quilt chocking him. Oh yes, he definitely felt it. As he should.

But I stood there in shock.

Is this the Jungkook that I first saw?
That prefect, happy, free and the great Jungkook?
No...No he wasn't here anymore.

"Go and clean yourself up" I said.

I didn't have anything else that I wanted to tell him. Everything was already said and done so I turned around and walked away.

"Wait!" He shouted and I stopped. "What's your name?"

Oh yeah, he doesn't know it yet.

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung" I answered and started to walk away again.

This time - I was the one who left him.