8. Why you shouldn't keep rotten vegetables and bad flowers next to good ones

⚠️LONG CHAPTER AHEAD⚠️

One bad apple can be very dangerous, once he gets into a basket with a bunch of good apples. He briefly touches sides with the good apples and stays there like nothing is wrong. Silently and calmly. No one sees nor notices anything.

But in reality, he secretly is making ethylene - a devilish hormone, to all the good apples. It's impossible to escape ethylene. You are doomed.

You won't even feel that you became different. A different version of yourself.

At first glance it still seems as if it's nothing serious but you already start to rot from the inside.

Was it Hoseok's fault that I have started to rot? There was a stain of guilt that became more and more noticable everyday, on one side of my shoulder. I wasn't too sure at this point.

Was I judging him?

Being honest - even I didn't know what I felt for him.

Everything became a complete mess. Oh also Jungkook, who came into my life unexpectedly and turned everything around like a tornado. I felt like a complete mess when I was around him. It's hard to understand everything.

I shiver everytime I think back to that Hoseok's raised hand and how he, later on, threw Jungkook's phone, full force, to the wall. It feelt like millions shards of glass flew everywhere, even into our eyes. It makes it hard to see. All of them stab and leave scars.

Million pieces of glass.

Why did he do that?

Three days passed since then but my parents haven't noticed anything. Both of them didn't need to open up that drawer. They didn't need that stolen money.

When I was getting ready to go to school, on Monday, the doorbell rang. In just my pyjamas, I opened the door and froze: Jungkook was standing at my doorstep.

"What...." I was at loss of words. A little embarrassed that he had to see me in my pyjamas but nevertheless - shocked. "What are you doing here?"

"Can we talk?"

I didn't have even the slightest idea of what we could talk about. I didn't even want to see him. I wanted to end that story, full of drama, that flipped my life upside down.

"No. No we can't" I answered and was about to close the door but my mom's voice, which came from behind me, stopped me.

"Who's here, Tae?"

"Good morning" Jungkook greeted her.

He stood there and smiled. Him, Jeon Jungkook, stood at my doorstep and smiled at my mom. A smile that made him look like a bunny. A smile that made me forget all the anger I had towards him and smile a little too. But I would never admit that I was smiling because of Jungkook.

Never.

"Are you that new boy from Taehyung's class? You're studying together, right?"

"The one and only" Jungkook answered with the same smile. "My name is Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook"

"Why are you still standing there? Come inside"

Then, my dad came up besides my mom.

"Hello"

"Good morning..." Jungkook sent a nod in his direction, as if showing my dad that he heard him. His smile never leaving his face. That charming smile...