13. A lesson

One morning, when I was getting ready for school, my dad suddenly stopped me:

"Is there a guy in your class named Hoseok?"

"Yeah, why?" I said, not raising my eyes at him and just continuing to get ready.

The first thing that came to mind after the mention of Hoseok's name - was the stolen money. That's why I didn't raise my eyes. I started to feel truly sick from the panic and guilt. But luckily for me - I was mistaken.

"Nothing. Last night two shops were robbed. It's his work. Of course, he didn't do it alone"

I stayed silent. The news - definitely surprised me, to say the least.

He stole from Jungkook, but to rob a store?
That's a whole new level

"Do you know anything about it?" as if he felt something, he suddenly asked.

Well he definitely still has a police officer's nose...

"I don't know anything. What will happen to him, though?"

"An investigation has begun. He will have to face trial, even though he's underaged"

"Okay" I didn't know what else to say.

"Is he your friend?" he looked at me suspiciously.

"Hoseok is no friend of mine" I stated but felt something heavy fall on my chest. Almost the same feeling took over me when I stole the money.

"That's good"

With that - our conversation ended. That morning - I ran to school faster than a bullet. I couldn't wait to tell everything to Jungkook.

Hoseok wasn't at school, as expected. Then - I remembered that he wasn't at school for a good week now.

...

"So, what do you think?"  I asked Jungkook, after telling him everything. To me - it was interesting to hear his thoughts.

But for some reason - Jungkook was deep in thought. He furrowed his eyebrows and was concentrated. It looked like he wasn't even here. He took his time to think things through and didn't say the first thing that came to mind.

"Have you told your parents about the money?" he asked, suddenly.

"About the money? Have you gone crazy?!"

"You didn't say anything, did you?"

"Jungkook, have you officially gone mad!?" I was so stunned. I never expected that from him. "Never in my life!"

"Why? I think that you should confess. Just like that - everything would end"

"Of course everything would end. Just listen to this: mom, dad - I stole 407836¥. I hope that you didn't need it..." I kept on sighting and being dramatic.

Jungkook just chuckled. Then he answered my question about the Hoseok situation:

"He's acting stupid. Nothing good will come out of that"

"Yeah but you saw how he was living. He has no food. It's not a home - it's basically a homeless people shelter"

"That's also true" Jungkook agreed.