12. If you want to find the boundaries, you have to cross them

Mom told me that I have to fix the only B I have in english. She doesn't care how - but I HAVE TO.

I told her that I DON'T HAVE TO do anything.

Then she said that our conversation ends there and if I want to eat - there's leftover chicken in the oven.

Then I told her that I don't need her food and that I would rather starve to death than eat her food. And also - that on Monday, I'm quitting the piano lessons.

Now you're all caught up.

And then - it all started.

I heard almost everything you could possibly say to a child that disobeys. I had the fortunate chance of hearing that I'm a spoiled brat, which hasn't seen poverty nor all the other bad things kids in Africa have to go through. A pampered dummy who has everything and that I don't appreciate any of it.

That there's a bunch of other kids out there that are awesome, energetic, always busy and aspiring to be someone in life, always working towards that goal of theirs.

Then - that she expected more from me, that she just wanted and still wants only the good for me. Only the good and the best in life.

If I'm being honest - it was ridiculous listening to all of that.

If adults heard what they were saying - they would probably feel embarrassed. All of their talks are full of reproaches, threats and obvious manipulation tactics.

In order to get their point across, they use their age (I'm older), their financial situation (I support you), and their marital status (I'm your mother and you're my child). But such tactics are unfair! It's low and humiliating.

Every kid understands that.

After some time - mom understood that herself. She understood that she has no power over me with such comments. That she can't make me do anything anymore.

And finally - she started crying.

If that wasn't enough - she told everything to dad in the evening, after he got home from work.

The only person who wishes all the good to me, huh?
Such acts are performed by the lowest of the low!
By kindergartners or the most disgusting scums and not a whole ass mother!
This is the absolute bottom.

But dad seemed to understand me and act like a normal person.

"Well if he doesn't want to play the piano, he doesn't have to" he said after hearing all that mom had to say.

"What do you mean 'doesn't have to'?" mom was full of surprise. "Just because he doesn't want to? He's been playing for so many years! And now - just quit?"

"I don't know"

"You have to talk to him. You have to demand him to keep going to the lessons. You're his father, after all! He's not listening to me at all. And may I add: he won't reach anything in life like this. You'll see!"

"Just because he doesn't want to play the piano?"

"I'm telling you - absolutely nothing"

Just as I predicted - dad never came in my room and never talked to me. No conversation was held even a day later so on Monday - I didn't show up to the piano lessons. Not on Tuesday, Wednesday or any other time.