3. Let's Go!

It started again.

It's the same thing again: an alarm goes off at 7:30am, the bathroom, the toothbrush, pants, the school's jacket and a tie. Tired eyes with a head that's full of summer. That head doesn't want anything. It's heavy with freedom and air, that's why it's so hard for it to wake up early. It's even harder to study and learn new stuff.

"Tae! Look how much you've grown!" mom compliments me, while I stand in front of the mirror. "A whole man! Your school's jacket sleeves are too short now!"

They really are. And the shoulder area is feeling kinda tight too but I don't care. What's way more important right now - is to spray on some cologne.

Now I am ready. Let's go!

This September there's nothing new in our class. Still the same 15 girls and just 9 guys.

Where do all of these girls come from?

But the number difference isn't the thing that's bothering me. I don't know anything about girls and in some way - I feel unsafe in their presence. Actually, it's already been quite some time, since just their existence pisses me off.

Being in the same room as 15 different perfume scents and 15 different judging pair of eyes, mixed with 15 long tongues who just can't wait to talk about the newest drama that's going around - how is that possible?

It hasn't even been full two weeks since we're back and they're already complaining to the teacher that the work load is too much and that the stress of the school is already getting to them. But it will pass...sooner or later. All that we can do - is just wait.

Later on they become quite like normal human beings.

Just this one more year and then I'll be out of here.

I look out the window, the math teacher's voice blends into the background. Before I can get a grip, my mind wonders off into a place that I shouldn't talk about.

I snap out of my thoughts, shaking my head and hands to get rid of these naughty fantasies.

"Taehyung, why are you shaking your head? Are you sick?"

There's not even a single thing written down in my notebook. Well except for the date.

September 10th.

The school year just started. The teacher is well rested after the summer break so she just shakes her head and doesn't get mad at me seriously. Rather than doing that, she invites a girl to solve an equation on the board and I just focus on the things that are happening outside.

After the math class ends, I find Hoseok standing outside the class, waiting for me. We both walk together, side by side. He's not a bad guy, but we aren't really close friends. I also noticed that he has grown a bit and gotten more fit.

He definitely didn't waste time in the summer

When I ask him about what's new, he straight up tells me everything: he's just passing the time here. Then when the year ends - he'll somehow pass his exams, get his diploma and get out of here.

"So what are you going to do?" I ask him, feeling a little jealous. His freedom amazes me.

I can only dream about such freedom.

"I don't know..." he answers, seeming to be deep in thought. "Maybe I'll do something with dance"

"Well that's something..." I trail off and start to think about what my parents would say if I told them that I want to pursue a career in dance.

Hoseok has a lot of freedom. Probably more than anyone that I know. But he doesn't have a phone. He lost his old one somewhere and he could kiss another phone goodbye. That's why he always asks me if he could use mine.

I don't mind. Actually I feel bad for him. A person without a phone at this age... I don't even know how he survives.

"When I have enough, I will get one too..." He says firmly. "I just feel bad for my sister. She's still little and after I leave..."

We both walk outside and sit down on a bench. The sun is still shining and there's still that summer feel in the air. I look up and close my eyes while inhaling deeply.

Life seems similar to a simple class in school. It ends and then starts again. It repeats and repeats like a stuck song in your head. And nothing new happens...

Me and Hoseok sit in silence, waiting for the bell to ring. And finally - it does.

"Let's go...." Hoseok says and stands up.

"Let's go" I repeat and we both walk back into the school.