7. Dust (1.0)

⚠️LONG CHAPTER AHEAD⚠️

Steal from home or from your parents - who would do such a thing?

I did.

I stole exactly 405315¥. The same amount Jungkook asked me to give to him.

I couldn't logically explain why I did what I did. Maybe it was just a spontaneous decision.

Not quite a logical decision. One that's recognised by feelings, when you do one thing and you don't believe it yourself. As if someone else is controlling your hands and taking steps for you.

And even after I swore to myself, a thousand times, that I won't do it - a little voice inside me told me that I could do it and that I will do it.

But how? I don't have the balls for that. I never had the bravery to make such decisions. I was always the one who would just listen and do as told.

How would I even do it?

I swear on my own life that I tried to go against that loud voice inside me, I tried to ignore it. But on the other hand, the money was right here. Right under my nose.

I knew that it was at home and I knew where I could get them.

Maybe no one will notice it? I could buy myself peace and freedom. To finally get rid of Jungkook.

Ugh, and to think that I wanted to be more than friends with him...

I did everything at night. At first, I laid in bed for hours, with my headphones blasting music while waiting for my parents to fall asleep.

I got up two times and went to the bathroom while making sure that they're asleep. It was dark and silent. I didn't hear even the smallest sound. Just to be sure - I waited another hour.

Then, I got up for the third time. My mouth and throat were dry from all the fear I felt. I walked barefoot to the kitchen, then on the carpet, next to the window. I know that in the lowest drawer mom and dad kept some money for daily spendings like food and my needs.

In the morning I saw 540247¥ (about 400€ or 486$) laying there.

Fuck

Too little. There could've been more. They will instantly see that more than half is missing. Maybe if there was more, they wouldn't notice it right away. Sadly enough - I didn't have a choice.

No time to hesitate now

In the dark, I separated 3 money bills and closed the drawer. When I reached my bed, I put the money underneath my mattress. Just until morning.

And here I was - stealing from my own parents.

At school, when me and Jungkook were standing alone in an empty classroom, I gave him the money without any words.

After all, he was surprised. He wasn't able to hide it.

"What...so after all, you...money, yeah. Okay..."

He took them all. I couldn't shake off the fear that my parents would find out that 405315¥ was missing. By now they would have already walked up to that drawer and opened it to see that there's only 135030¥ (about 100€ or 121$) left. Immediately they would ask where the rest are. And then....